This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a first for me...

I went to Kroger the other day and while looking at frozen veggies (was making soup for my BF cos he's sick)... I had an older man just stop me in the middle of the aisle to talk... about society and politics.

He and I had similar views so the politics wasn't bad... it was just unusual.

I think it may be a Southern thing? A Kentucky thing?

oh and the soup turned out good. combined with some fluffy pilsbury rolls i had a very happy boyfriend

That happened to my husband and I once a couple of years ago while we were grocery shopping. An older lady started talking to us about random stuff...I don't remember exactly what about but I know she said she lived in Romania or somewhere over there during WWII and had to eat grass because she didn't have any food. It was weird, not bad just weird. Like she just wanted someone to talk to for a while. My husband and I smiled and nodded and threw in the occasional "mmhmm" "yeah" "really? wow" and after about 10 minutes she left.

Comment

that's what i think the man wanted. it sounded like he was a widower and just wanted to chat with someone

Comment

I never get adults stopping me to talk, just little kids.

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        fluffy pilsbury rolls
        I am so jealous right now.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

It might be a regional thing.

I'm on the Kentucky border and it happens to me alot.

I might add, I'm not particularly friendly looking. So either it's a regional thing, or I just give off a much different vibe than I feel I do.

Little old men love to stop and chat me up for some reason. It's kinda cute.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Pepper, I may only know what you look like from photos, you appear very friendly. You don't look rough or unapproachable at all.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
              Pepper, I may only know what you look like from photos, you appear very friendly. You don't look rough or unapproachable at all.
              Aw. Thanks for that!
              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I talk to everyone, but not about politics. Of course, a lot of people around here think I'm southern (for those curious, I've been south of the Mason Dixon all of six times in my life)
                Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Working...
                X