Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminds me of the people who come into the petrol station and act surprised cuz we have no healthy snacks. It's a petrol station, not a flipping salad bar.

One woman threw a bitch fit cuz we don't provide fresh fruit. For her information, we firstly cannot order anything that's not on our list; secondly, we tried having fruit in the past, but ended up having to throw it out cuz it has a very short sell by date and people weren't buying it. We do supply water and orange juice and a low fat chicken sandwich; if you want anything else, then go accross the road to the supermarket and get it.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
      It's ice cream, for crying out loud, not a carrot.
      amusingly we have an ice cream shop here in town(well several, it's a "local chain"), with a sign on the wall

Nutritional Information:
      Don't even ask. This is the best ice cream made in Wisconsin, and it tastes so good because it has gobs of rich Wisconsin cream, tons of real ingredients for boat-loads of luscious flavors. That means it's not low-fat, low-calorie or low-anything, and that's why everyone loves it.
      You want nutrition, eat carrots.
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
        amusingly we have an ice cream shop here in town(well several, it's a "local chain"), with a sign on the wall
        I love that! Now I wanna go there for some ice cream!

There's a local ice cream place here that used to advertise that they had a higher cream content than other brands....which is what made it so tasty. Their strawberry cheesecake flavor is so good it should probably be illegal... Can't buy it anywhere but at their stores, though. They don't market it to the big supermarket chains, I believe because they don't make it in large enough batches to do that. They do have a couple of stands at the county fair, though, so every August we can still get a taste.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Don't know if this ventures into fratching territory or not, but my fiancee's dad always said, " I'd rather die of something REAL than the stress of worrying what the best thing to do/eat/whatever is..."

I really really loved that man :-) He always believed (as I also do) that moderation and happiness were the key to a life worth living.

Comment

I agree with Food Lady. I think the Weight Watchers woman's heart was in the right place. I'm following WW and I've actually had people who work at restaurants ask me how many points some things are. They view it as a selling point.

BTW, there is non-dairy "yogurt." I get it all the time. There's a brand called Wow Cow that a lot of frozen yogurt places serve. It's not officially called yogurt, it's considered a soft serve, but it's pretty much the consistency of frozen yogurt and tastes almost exactly the same.

Comment

Quoth PawnPrincess Ardra View Post
              Don't know if this ventures into fratching territory or not, but my fiancee's dad always said, " I'd rather die of something REAL than the stress of worrying what the best thing to do/eat/whatever is..."

I really really loved that man :-) He always believed (as I also do) that moderation and happiness were the key to a life worth living.
              That's very true. I was eating a steak and someone pointed out that it might give me heart disease and shouldn't eat any red meat. I just looked at her and said, "I'd rather die young and happy than old and cranky."
              Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
              Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
              Fiancee: What?!
              Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                To add mud to the waters, there's the increasing trend for manufacturers of obviously high-fat or high-sugar items to market them as being low in the other item.
                The one that drives me nuts is people marking things that have absolutely no business having flour in them as 'Gluten Free'. Duh, it's gluten free, it's MADE ENTIRELY FROM CORN!! Though there is surprise gluten in some stuff, like flavoring on some chips.
                The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                  The one that drives me nuts is people marking things that have absolutely no business having flour in them as 'Gluten Free'. Duh, it's gluten free, it's MADE ENTIRELY FROM CORN!! Though there is surprise gluten in some stuff, like flavoring on some chips.
                  And if it's gluten free is isn't always wheat free....my mother has a wheat (not gluten) intolerance.
                  Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    I think they burn more calories trying to find stuff that's no-fat, no-sugar, no-carbs, etc., than they do at the gym.
                    I think I'm better off eating on my Easter candy.

So far I've had 2 marshmallow bunnies, a Hershey's miniature and a mini Reese Cup. And I'm fairly sure I can burn most of that off tonight running the vacuum cleaner through the house (it's the Shedding Season for the dog.)
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

What kind of bananas do health nuts drive you? Are they organically grown with no pesticides? How many calories in each banana?
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I always wonder why those people bother going to yogurt shops, ice cream parlours and such. I mean, if you want no sugar, low carbs, low fat, etc, why not just drink water? :P Also, there are many ways in which you can calculate the approximate ammount of calories of something (also, there is this new thing called Google, which totally hasn't been going on for years......not to mention that muffins, brownies, etc, will always be full of them).

@ArticChicken: The "gluten free" label, even if it's obvious in some cases, can be very useful, because of the hidden gluten, like you mentioned (nachos and chips are an example of that, as well as flavour stocks).It can sometimes become tiring to have to check everything; doing shopping can take you twice the time just because of reading all the ingredients

Comment

Quoth Bardmaiden View Post
                          And if it's gluten free is isn't always wheat free....my mother has a wheat (not gluten) intolerance.
                          Also, not all things that are wheat free are gluten free, there are other grains with gluten, like barley.

Quoth CheshireCat View Post
                          @ArticChicken: The "gluten free" label, even if it's obvious in some cases, can be very useful, because of the hidden gluten
                          I know, it just drives me crazy when I see something labeled gluten free that's always been gluten free. I keep expecting to see a 'gluten free' sign on a lettuce or something.
                          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Or when everyone was fat-phobic and packages of sugar said "fat-free, as always"....
                            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                              I know, it just drives me crazy when I see something labeled gluten free that's always been gluten free. I keep expecting to see a 'gluten free' sign on a lettuce or something.
                              Kind of like the time I got asked if bottled water had any carbs in it.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                                Their sign is pure awesome ^_^

It's my understanding that a certain overpriced ice cream company that tends to name some of its flavors after rock bands/musicians does the same basic thing -- it tastes so damn good because it has double the normal amount of cream or better.

And this is one more vote for "if you want healthy, don't go out and eat ice cream or frozen yogurt" ~_~

Tho the lady who decided that "diabetic safe" = healthy reminds me of an old Garfield comic...He discovered "diet" cookies, began more or less inhaling the things, and quipped "a few more boxes of these, and I'll be skinnier than a rail"
                                Last edited by EricKei; 04-10-2012, 11:09 PM.
                                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                                X