This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best "Do you work here?" ever!

There I am, standing behind the counter, wearing my shirt with the company logo, one hand on the register, the other hand holding the communications book (which has "[STORE NAME] COMMUNICATIONS, FOR STAFF ONLY" written on the cover), and this guy comes in and says:

"Do you work here?"

This deserves some kind of recognition for retarded questions :P
    ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

Comment

Some people speak before their brains catch up with them.

I'd bet that this guy has at one point answered "Yes" when his wife asked, "Does this make me look fat?"

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Too bad you couldn't have spewed out something along the lines of Mad magazine's "Snappy Answers To Stupid Questions"
        'No, I don't work here, I'm researching my next Oscar winning performance.."
        "No, pretending to be an employee here is my sexual fetish!"
        "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
          Some people speak before their brains catch up with them.

I'd bet that this guy has at one point answered "Yes" when his wife asked, "Does this make me look fat?"
          More like: "No, that has nothing to do with it"

Eric the Grey
          In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth calulu View Post
            Too bad you couldn't have spewed out something along the lines of Mad magazine's "Snappy Answers To Stupid Questions"
            'No, I don't work here, I'm researching my next Oscar winning performance.."
            "No, pretending to be an employee here is my sexual fetish!"
            (pointing to co-worker) "No, I stand here and watch that guy do all the work."

Comment

My best story. A busy Saturday. I am in full garb with green barista apron, etc. I am tying and lifting garbage bag in the can right by the front door. A woman by the mug/chatchki display and woman taps me on the shoulder, and yes, asks me if I work there. I was so tempted to say no.
              I will never go to school!

Comment

I always answer no.

I mean, come on...I could understand asking people who aren't wearing the stupid red apron, but I don't wear that damned thing unless I'm on the clock.
                you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Quoth simplyanother View Post
                  I always answer no.
                  Does that make people go away?
                  Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

While working at CVS if I was asked that question when it was quite obvious that I was working, I would reply:
                    "Nope I work at CVS"
                    I got quite a few confused looks followed by laughs when I did that. Nobody ever got angry because I was always willing to help them after.

Comment

Whenever I wear my Orange apron I get asked "do you work here."
                      Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. ~~ Thomas Edison

Comment

I'm still in love with answering "No, but I'm a really big fan."
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

You should have just gave him a 'you're-an-idiot' look and said "No." And gone back to reading, lol
                          "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
                          "Red."
                          "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
                          "RED!"
                          "..."

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
                            Does that make people go away?
                            No.

I got in trouble once because a couple saw me working later on and TOLD THE CSM !!
                            Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Quoth Marnier View Post
                              While working at CVS if I was asked that question when it was quite obvious that I was working, I would reply:
                              "Nope I work at CVS"
                              Ooh, I like that one.

The truly stupid people won't get it at all and will wander off, and the ones with brains (who are more likely to complain about other smart-aleck answers) will usually just laugh it off.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X