This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something snapped inside

Hey guys. I know many of you here have dealt with depression. I've had chronic depression for the last 15 years. Often, it's resulted in suicidal tendencies. This time, though, has been different than anything I ever experienced. Before I get into this, I'm not really looking for advice. Just support and prayers, really. I can't afford counseling because my insurance sucks and I make too much to qualify for any kind of aid there. It's that middle road for me financially that means we're on our own, but still can't afford a lot.

I've been contemplating suicide for the last 2 months. In the last couple of weeks or so, though, is when something really just snapped. It stopped being a desperate way out, but the logical end instead. There has been no emotion, positive or negative. It just makes sense to die. With that mentality, I began to research and study. Let's just say I now have an extremely detailed plan that matches all of my criteria of how I want to go. Unless you really knew me, you wouldn't know anything was wrong. I smile and laugh, but didn't feel any of it. Really, the only thing I've been able to feel is tired.

I did tell my husband finally about a week ago that I had been doing some research along these lines. More than anything, I just wanted to prepare him. I didn't at first because I was concerned about his reaction. I felt nothing when I told him. The process in my brain was purely logical to gauge his reaction to know the best next steps. He honestly took it better than I thought. Concerned, but no panic.

Yesterday morning, I started to feel a little bit and didn't and still don't quite know what to make of what I'm feeling. I still don't really want to live, but I'm not set on dying, either. Then, I surprised myself by telling him everything. He wanted to know what I had been planning so he knew what to watch for. He was disturbed by the level of detail and the sheer amount of research, but glad I told him. I finally cried. I feel like I've lost my safety net. Having my plan gave me a sense of peace and that's gone now. At the same time, I don't want to leave my husband. I love him and he loves me.

So yeah, if you could spare a prayer for me if you're the praying type or send some good thoughts my way, that would be much appreciated. Especially for my husband, though. He's trying to be strong, but he is hugging me extra tight these days. I don't want to hurt him.
    The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Whatever you do - DON'T DO IT!

Keep talking to your husband. Lean on him for support, because, right now, you need it.

There's a lot of people out there who care about you, and a lot here who do. I didn't know Plaid well, I'll admit, but his death (by his own hand) hurt. Please don't do it, and I'm thinking about you, and sending my thoughts to you.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Please, no matter how bad things get, don't try to take 'the easy way out' SEEK HELP. I've lost people and know other people that have lost people that have thought that there was nothing left for them, not realising that they were leaving behind more people than they knew who mourned their passing.

You don't need to necessarily go to paid conselling, if you look around you are bound to find places that will help for free (volunteer-run services) or for low costs. One place I'd recommend checking out is http://depression.org.nz (granted it is a new zealand based site, but it has information that may still be of use to you as well as possibly useful advice)

Lastly don't forget that WE right here are here to help you as well.
      Violets are blue,
      Roses are red,
      I bequeath to thee...
      A boot to the head >_>

Comment

Here's some links for support here in the States.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001941/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002844/
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I have been where you were, and like you, I eventually got to the point that I laid out a logical plan and how to go about it.

That was what scared me out of it.

You mention that you make too much to qualify for any sort of therapy, but have you checked to see if any organizations where you are offer sliding-scale payments? While you might make too much to see a therapist who treats the poor, you might be able to qualify for a program like that.
          Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

I should have also mentioned I don't trust counselors. At all. About 3 months ago was the first time in years I thought about giving them another chance after they screwed me up so bad. After finding out what I did about my insurance, I said fuck it. It's not worth the trouble for someone who leaves me worse off than when I started.

And for the record, nothing about this is easy. Death, at least for me, is not an "easy way out", but rather a decision to be weighed carefully and logically.

ETA: I'm not looking for advice or resources. Just need a bit of prayer/kind thoughts/support
            The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Sending good thoughts and kitty hugs to you. Please keep talking, to us and to your husband.

Comment

You don't want advice, but I'm going to give it to you--go check yourself into a hospital. You are very sick and need to get help.

Comment

You have my skype info and you have my #. It doesn't matter to me if it's 4am and you need to talk to someone. Call me any time you need me. If I miss your call due to work I will call you back the second I'm able, I promise.

Lots of *hugs*
                  "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Incognito, I may not know the precise details of why you're going through this, but I have been there. I know what it feels.

Like all the light has been leeched out of you.
                    As though happiness is something that happens to other people.
                    That nothing is worth doing because it's going to fail anyway.

Look, I won't bore you with the normal platitudes. I have experience. It can and will get better. DO NOT give in!
                    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Been there done that. The day after I tried, I realized..uh, something's wrong. (you get STUPID as in not processing thoughts, when in depression). Went for some help @ student clinic. Turns out that my meds had just stopped working. Take the pill, fine, it's nothin but a sugar pill anymore.
                      At least you're past that ____ spot. Now it's __/ . Keep going, keep talking.
                      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Sending good thoughts your way!

Comment

Cookie, you know it's not just your husband that wants you to hang around. I mean, without you, what am I going to nom on in chat?

Seriously, you've got tons of positive thoughts from everybody there. We worry, and want you to get better. And just so you know, you only have to say the word (PM, here, chat), and all of us will jump to help.

Please, don't go. I'm not above begging, either. Judt... don't go. please.

Comment

Please don't do it. You'll hurt a lot of people very deeply.
                            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I'm with everyone else here. Stay with us.

Tell us about it as and when you can.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                              X