Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Do you kiss your children with that mouth?
Old 04-08-2019, 11:00 PM
Cashier

Default Do you kiss your children with that mouth?

I was brought up in a strict household, so swearing was a big no-no. I still have a swear filter that only makes me use low impact swears. Still, I do use a few big ones now and again.

Anyway, had to deal with two assholes over the weekend.

Sunday morning. Over the weekend the Quicksilver Pro and a big concert was happening in the area so the area was probably booked out. Partying and drinking was happening as expected. Apparently from what I could gather from the other guests, a group of guys came up to one of the rooms and made a racket trying to get in; AT 2 IN THE MORNING.

Most of the guests were pretty chill with it, but there was one guest who got pretty pissy and went on a rant about it. They went on and on about how she didn't feel her daughter was safe and even quoted 'Open the f#$%ing door'. I had to roll my eyes at that part because was it really necessary? Anyway, I rang up my manager and we refunded half the night.

Monday afternoon shift. I just clocked in and this rando pulls into the driveway outside reception. They just stopped there and didn't come out of the car. Against my better judgement, I walk out to see what they want. It was a bogan dad and two kids. They asked for a room for the night and I gave the price.

The dad blew up in my face and basically said we were an overpriced s***hole and drove off. If it's such a hole then why did you bother driving in?

Eh, it's Australia. Swearing is part of the culture.
Let me offer my favourite: F***in' ranga.

Old 04-09-2019, 12:27 AM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
Quoth PoliteBoy View Post
Eh, it's Australia. Swearing is part of the culture.
Let me offer my favourite: F***in' ranga.
Ranga? That's a new one on me. But I'm nowhere near Australia. I had to look it up.

Old 04-09-2019, 02:07 AM
Assistant Manager

Fellow Aussie here. And a 'ranga

'Fucking ranga' is a term of love and endearment in my family. My brother and I are both strawberry blonde. (A lighter shade of red that has a fair bit of blonde and orange mixed in and a bit of light brown. It's weird and hard to describe and costs several hundreds to be done right in a salon. Google Blake Lively and that is close to our colour. Just add some natural red, orange, blonde and brown super thin streaks of colour.)

I think us Aussies are amongst the most sweary-ist people. Maybe only rivalled by the Scots, Welsh and Irish. We can use the same words to mean 'I love you' and 'I will kill you' with just a change of facial expression and inflection.

I will fully admit to having no swear filter. It is actually really stressful to not swear. I have to really really really concentrate to do it.

Old 04-09-2019, 10:41 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

I used to have a pretty strong swear filter as a teen -- to the point that my CW's figured I just didn't swear at all. Once in a looooong while, I was given occasion to let loose with some blue language (out of earshot of customers), and, when that happened, my CW's knew something was really wrong.
"Customers are like van gogh. They intentionally remove their ears when it suits them." TheDangOofMan, Reddit
"Logic: sometimes it's not a thing." - Food Lady