Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Old 05-06-2019, 05:49 PM
Warning: He thinks he's funny.

Quote:
Quoth taxguykarl View Post
It is not unusual for a restaurant portion to be too big to eat at one sitting...
Are you sure you're from Chicagoland? Because that's something I pretty much never heard a Midwesterner say, despite spending most of my first 21 years in IL.

Old 05-07-2019, 04:50 PM
Seasonal Tax Preparer

Quote:
Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
Are you sure you're from Chicagoland? Because that's something I pretty much never heard a Midwesterner say, despite spending most of my first 21 years in IL.
That is not a rare complaint from Mrs. TGK, while she was born in Illinois she lived a sizable part of her adult life in California.

Who is John Galt?
-Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Old 05-07-2019, 05:53 PM
Warning: He thinks he's funny.

Hahaha!!! Me too... Born in Champoo-Bana, spent time in Chicagoland, now live in Silicon Valley...

Old 05-07-2019, 11:47 PM
Assistant Manager

I guess it would make sense for the upper-scale hotels to not have microwaves. I think the expectation would be that the guests dine out or (the hotel hopes) order room service.

Old 05-08-2019, 01:25 AM
^w^

Yeah, the higher tier hotels tend to charge for, or flat out not offer, services that a lot of midgrade "everyman" places give away free. They expect a clientele that is not sensitive to being nickel and dimed, that's not interested in the gauche pastries of a free "continental breakfast" but doesn't blink at plunking down 10 bucks for a "gourmet" muffin, and who'd rather order someone to bring them food than to push a few buttons on a...microwave. How dreadful!

Old 05-11-2019, 10:10 PM
Retired

This past February I stayed at a motel in Chico, CA that had a frig and a microwave. However, I was expecting to stay with my sister who's got strange eating habits, so I checked that the motel actually provided these things. She didn't get to go, so I had the room to myself, and I did use the microwave and the frig while I was there.

Old 05-13-2019, 05:41 PM
Other side of the m0dem

Quote:
Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
I've stayed in some seriously high-class places, and even they only had minifridges and kettles... Microwaves? Hell no!

Oh, there's occasionally an iron or trouser press - I've heard they can be used to make bacon?
Actually you use the iron and ironing board to make grilled cheese sandwiches Who all remembers what film that was in?

Old 05-14-2019, 02:04 AM
Bookkeeper

And can't forget the role of the tennis racket in quality mashed potatoes.

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Old 05-18-2019, 08:33 AM
Front End Supervisor

Every hotel I have stayed at in the last several years have always had microwaves. Even the 60 room one I work at has them.

Old 05-18-2019, 11:49 PM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
Actually you use the iron and ironing board to make grilled cheese sandwiches Who all remembers what film that was in?
.... and Pop Tarts. and reheating pizza. And heating sandwiches from the deli down the road.
No movie involved learning these. I learned 'em at camp in the 1970s. But I didn't learn them from the counselors....

Last edited by CyberLurch; 05-18-2019 at 11:53 PM. Reason: clarified a thought.