X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    >.>

In fact I'd be willing to wager a substantial sum on the fact that its pretty God damn Jesus waffle close.

You friggan raging anal walrus.

GK, you brighten my day.
    check out my new blog!!!!

http://pitofdespairblog.blogspot.com/

feel free to comment/send me the links to your blog!

Comment

You friggan raging anal walrus.

There goes rule number one. Boy, you do have a way with words.

I want to have your babies!

But only if they are as funny as you are, so I can be entertained in my old age.
      Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Quoth napoleana View Post
        Sorry if I am stepping on anybody's toes, but it would be nice if the "activists [who are not activists but really just crazy people] are pissing me off" comments to a minimum...
        There's nothing wrong with *sane* activists. But sane activists don't call people at 3am. -.-

However, PETA at its core is batshit and offensive. The fringes may be sane but the core organization itself is batshit. Hence why I mentioned itl. PETA is long past the point where it can present any kind of justifiable moral defense to its actions.

Anyway, thread derailment over. ;p

Comment

Expanding the Frontlines

Me: "and what's the problem?"
          SC: "Alberta."

I already told you tha-….oh, Alberta? Hmmm….well I suppose if I'm aiming for complete anarchy across the prairies I guess adding one more couldn't hurt. I must expand my target from bovine to oil, however. Oil is rather easy since its flammable. Bovine aren't. Well, ok, yes they, it just takes longer to get them started. But I don't really have that kind of attention span.
          Even though I live here, I'm in. Actually, especially since I live here. "Texas North" as I call it, isn't all it is cracked up to be. Basically, we've got no PST. That's our advantage. I'd gladly trade that for an opportunity to light this place up!

To napoleana: You're right, the real activists shouldn't be lumped in with the crazies who call themselves activists, but it's like kids with heelys, or people on cell phones. The ones who misbehave are the ones who get in our face, and when we talk about the group, those are the ones who spring to mind. So, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your work with animals , and put forth the hope that a) we here know the difference between you and the wackos, and b) that you won't hold it against us too much the next time someone uses a term like "PETA-wacko"
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Interesting anecdote on PETA and strange behavior:

http://maddox.xmission.com/hatemail.cgi
            Last edited by Ree; 07-16-2007, 11:04 PM.
            You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
              To napoleana: You're right, the real activists shouldn't be lumped in with the crazies who call themselves activists, but it's like kids with heelys, or people on cell phones. The ones who misbehave are the ones who get in our face, and when we talk about the group, those are the ones who spring to mind.
              Thanks for understanding. I know that's why people use the term like that, which is why I had a hope that I might be listened to. Sorry for being off topic. I will now go back to on-topic-ness.
              The icon is a bunny with a spiked collar from some carpet ad.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with *sane* activists. But sane activists don't call people at 3am. -.-
                I do so!

I'd call the local all-night veterinary hospital for advice if I found a bleeding car-struck animal (wild or not)!

.... yeah, that's not what you meant.
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I trust she wouldn't do so from the midst of a drunken rage though? ^^
                  [Pedant] One of the classic symptoms of someone going hypoglycaemic is to appear belligerent and drunk [/pedant]
                  Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

If you want me I'll be in the corner rocking back and forth.
                    Would you be more comfortable if we took up a collection and got you a glider rocking chair with a matching footstool? You can choose the fabric for the cushion...
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I could get up such a head of steam about PETA right now...but I won't, cuz that's for Fratching.

On topic. GK, I love you. And it's even funnier because I know exactly what you're talking about, living in the same city and all.

Comment

"I need a hotel room with a fridge!"

….I'm really trying to figure out why. It can't be booze, that keeps well at room temperature and can be resealed. I doubt you have perishable foodstuffs that would be critical enough to merit trying to find a hotel with a fridge after coming off of a 5 hour flight…
                        I was going to mention medication as well, but others have beaten me to it. And there are lots of medications that require refrigeration.

I'd buy medication if she sounded A) Sober and B) Didn't yell at me right from the get go. Regardless of the reason behind it, my wrath was not misplaced. -.-
                        Someone pointed out that someone in the midst of a hypoglycemic attack may well sound like that. Also, people who require medication who are somewhat behind on their med schedule may also sound like that, depending on the condition and the medication, of course.

Now, discounting medication, there is still the booze factor. No, booze doesn't have to be cold. Yes, hotels have ice machines. But...

1. That doesn't do a damn bit of good for beer drinkers.
                        2. That doesn't do a damn bit of good for white wine drinkers.
                        3. My vodka drinking friends tell me vodka is so much better cold. I'll take their word for it.

And frankly, if you've been traveling all day, and the bars are all closed, it being 3 am and all, a good cold cocktail may be just what you need!

However, PETA at its core is batshit and offensive. The fringes may be sane but the core organization itself is batshit. Hence why I mentioned itl. PETA is long past the point where it can present any kind of justifiable moral defense to its actions.
                        I have to agree with you on this. There are many animal activists that are quite sane. There are even many PETA members that are reasonable. The organization itself, though, has time and time again proven that they are completely out of touch not only with mainstream America, but with most mainstream animal lovers and activists.

The incident illustrating this that jumps to my mind most quickly is of course PETA's rather coarse actions following magician Roy Horn's mauling by a tiger during his act a few years ago. While Roy was laying in his hospital bed, still critically injured, PETA had the nerve to send him a fax basically saying it was his own fault. Whether or not you agree with that supposition, is that REALLY the time to be stating it?!?!

If you don't know what I am talking about, check out this story that ran shortly thereafter...

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

And frankly, if you've been traveling all day, and the bars are all closed, it being 3 am and all, a good cold cocktail may be just what you need!
                          Well, she *was* in Vegas. When in Vegas....

...and yes I did send her to a hotel with mini-fridges.

I'm vegan myself. Which can drive a PETA zealot up the wall I've noticed. They want to start in on you for not agreeing with them but they don't have a toe hold for the blame game. =p

I do so!

I'd call the local all-night veterinary hospital for advice if I found a bleeding car-struck animal (wild or not)!

.... yeah, that's not what you meant.
                          In which case I would help you. -.- I CAN help if we're talking injured animals or wildlife.

On topic. GK, I love you. And it's even funnier because I know exactly what you're talking about, living in the same city and all.
                          You know what I'm talking about then. She was way out in the boonies of North Van and she thinks deer are out of place? ><

Comment

You know what I'm talking about then. She was way out in the boonies of North Van and she thinks deer are out of place? ><

Oh dear god. It's worse than I originally thought .

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              I have to agree with you on this. There are many animal activists that are quite sane. There are even many PETA members that are reasonable. The organization itself, though, has time and time again proven that they are completely out of touch not only with mainstream America, but with most mainstream animal lovers and activists.

The incident illustrating this that jumps to my mind most quickly is of course PETA's rather coarse actions following magician Roy Horn's mauling by a tiger during his act a few years ago. While Roy was laying in his hospital bed, still critically injured, PETA had the nerve to send him a fax basically saying it was his own fault. Whether or not you agree with that supposition, is that REALLY the time to be stating it?!?!

If you don't know what I am talking about, check out this story that ran shortly thereafter...
                              AH. So we mean PETA as in Ingrid Newkirk & Dan Matthews. Yes, in that case, PETA is batshit. In the case of Newkirk especially, the world would be better if she were prescribed a life-long supply of horse tranquilizers...
                              Last edited by Ree; 07-16-2007, 11:06 PM.
                              The icon is a bunny with a spiked collar from some carpet ad.

Comment

Some people decide that they have enough money and want to move away from the hustle and bustle of the big city, so they move to a rural area. These people don't know squat about wildlife. It's a real pain in the butt to have to scream at someone, "HEY! YOU THERE! Stop that! Don't follow those bear cubs!!!"

They reply,"But they're so cute! I want to pet them!"
                                Me- "What the fuck? Are you retarded?"
                                Them- "Excuse me?!!"
                                Me- "You don't pet bears even if they're babies! Their mother will tear your guts out!"
                                Them- "Oh."

When I was a kid, we were the only people living on my street. It's a dirt road nestled in a valley in the woods. When I was three I remember my dad telling me where to find snakes so I could avoid those areas. Yet they still slithered into our cabin through the chimney...I'm totally serious. Snakes would somehow get into our chimney in the summertime because we have swallows living in there. Suddenly, you see one coiled behind your couch, just hangin' out. I think because of that I have never been afraid of snakes.

Anyway, you can't just move out here without any knowledge. And you certainly don't feed the wildlife!
                                Check out my cosplay social group!
                                http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Working...
                                X