This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a day off

so due to hypocondriac coworker calling in sick (seriously it's a miracle if this woman can go a WEEK without caling in at LEAST once.)

I've filled in for 2 shifts for her and realized that as of yesterday i've worked 7 days straight and i'm on till friday so by the time i get time off again i'll have worked 11 days straight (well ok shift work some days some evenings some nights hurrah hospital lol).

just a little vent cuz i'm feelin burnt the hell out. can't wait to get a whole whopping 4 days in a row off (i know that $20 i slipped the manager really helped lol)
    Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Coworkers like that are not necessarily hypocondriacs....they are just worthless people with no work ethic. Bonus points if they are the same kind of people who come back to work kicking and screaming about not having any money.......even more bonus points if they will keep kicking and screaming about money, yet never take the opportunity for overtime.

In the years I've worked at my job, I've had countless coworkers like that. Not a one of them was a hypo, they all just were worthless. Plain and simple.

Some of them, it was down to the exact day of the week. The same night every single week, they'd call in sick. Every single week.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

There was a gal kinda like that back in the call center. We had an occurrence system; any time you called in, you got an occurrence. They'd give you up to 9 occurrences in a year, if you hit 10 they'd let you go. The attendance year was from July-June.

This gal would immediately start using her occurrences as soon as July 1 came. She would usually be up to 9 in as little as 3 months, sometimes she'd stretch out to 6 months. It was almost always for "illnesses." But for the last 6-9 months until the new attendance year started, she'd be fine. Funny how she got so sick for just a couple of months every year and then would be perfectly healthy the rest of the year.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
        Coworkers like that are not necessarily hypocondriacs....they are just worthless people with no work ethic. Bonus points if they are the same kind of people who come back to work kicking and screaming about not having any money.......even more bonus points if they will keep kicking and screaming about money, yet never take the opportunity for overtime.

In the years I've worked at my job, I've had countless coworkers like that. Not a one of them was a hypo, they all just were worthless. Plain and simple.

Some of them, it was down to the exact day of the week. The same night every single week, they'd call in sick. Every single week.
        well this one kinda is... like she calls in sick way too much for..w hatever but i've seen her on days when she DOES come into work. and i've seen a tech who REALLY did have a foot injury/something wrong with her heel was kinda limpin a lil and complaining her foot/ankle was sore. (i can't remember why but it legitemently was).

about an hour later. Ms hypo starts saying how HER foot and leg is sore and she needs to sit down.... and she had done NOTHING to injure herself or anything like that in any way (ther'es other examples where she'll mimic someone elses symptoms it's weird :S)
        Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

Working...
        X