This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stella award in waiting

Couple stops their minivan on railroad tracks, minivan gets stuck on tracks, oncoming train obliterates minivan, couple sues railroad because they should've known a parade was happening that day and not run trains across that crossing.

And we wonder why personal responsibility doesn't seem to exist any more.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Goddamn stupid idiotic moron greedy sonofabitchs. Why the hell. HOW IS SO DAMN HARD TO TAKE FUCKING RESPONDITBITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS!?

Though I love the fact they got citied for parking on the tracks.

Or that the dad's license was expired 16 years ago.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

The Elm Grove Police Department's investigation of the crash determined that Ensley-Partenfelder's vehicle being on the tracks violated a state law that states no vehicle may stop within 25 feet of the nearest rail at a railroad crossing. She was issued a citation of $63.

The police investigation also found Partenfelder's driver's license had been revoked in 1994. He was also issued a citation for $36.

Both entered no-contest pleas to the citations, said Mary Doyne, Elm Grove's municipal court clerk
      Hopefully because of the investigation, the courts will throw out the case...maybe cite them for making a frivolous lawsuit. In their own logic; if the one w/o a license hadn't been driving, the van wouldn't have been there in the first place.

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
        Hopefully because of the investigation, the courts will throw out the case...maybe cite them for making a frivolous lawsuit. In their own logic; if the one w/o a license hadn't been driving, the van wouldn't have been there in the first place.
        You and I both know that probably won't happen.

Instead, the railroad will settle the lawsuit and write them a check, because then they won't be taking their chances with a jury that might award them money simply out of pity.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          You and I both know that probably won't happen.

Instead, the railroad will settle the lawsuit and write them a check, because then they won't be taking their chances with a jury that might award them money simply out of pity.
          How do you know what I know?

Besides, it won't necessarily be a jury that rewards them. Usually the accused gets to choose who rules, the judge or jury or a bit of both.

Comment

Surely they should be suing the people who stopped in front of them?
            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
              Surely they should be suing the people who stopped in front of them?
              Oh no. The people who stopped in front of them don't have the big bucks.

Comment

Where was Hancock when ya need him? I'm curious as to if that police officer is also in the lawsuit against the train. I mean, he got hurt trying to save the couple's baby who thankfully didn't get hurt.
                Military Spouse Support.
                http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Working...
                X