This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Aethian View Post
    Oh that is beautiful. Now I wish I could find the rest of the seasons.
    Also see my original post on the guy from Season Six.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Just got to see Wil's mental 4X4...still want to beat his head tho.

Comment

Am I the only one who has started trawling around for previous seasons now that I've heard about this show?

Comment

Nope...looking for them too.

Comment

Part of the strength of teh show is the host. Andrew Young-Husband is a perfect host for mixing Snark with Helpful advice. The Good "Worse" drivers he supports (See Sheldon and Shirley for example). The ones that are beyond help get the full blast (See Angelina and Dale and others).

It wasn't as good a show but it was still a fun one, if you're looking for CWD, you might want to look for Canada's Worse Handyman as well. The show style was slightly modified, (no one graduated), but like CWD, it was fun to see the lack of Common Sense people have.

Comment

Spoilers ahead!!!!!!

Quoth Jetfire View Post
              Part of the strength of teh show is the host. Andrew Young-Husband is a perfect host for mixing Snark with Helpful advice. The Good "Worse" drivers he supports (See Sheldon and Shirley for example). The ones that are beyond help get the full blast (See Angelina and Dale and others).
              For some reason, he reminds me of a few of our Aussie TV show hosts, who will do EXACTLY the same thing on certain shows. (That is, they have no patience for people who cannot be helped, but will help those who can or want to be helped or who are willing to learn the most)

Although thinking of Angelina, I do have to admire the way he treated Angelina after her most recent breakdown. He didn't make a huge deal out of it, simply stopped the car and held her hand as she had her breakdown. Then they go to him talking to Christine as well and then the session between Angelina and her therapist. No scolding her for not taking her meds, no poking fun at her (directly onscreen to her face) for wearing heels to a driving challenge, no dismissive behaviours (such as giving her less screen time) and the best part of it, realising that her behaviour WAS her needing to get some help and not just simply playing it up for the cameras.

I can think of a couple of TV shows where a contestant is in need of some form of therapy but the show isn't aware of it or will play it up for the cameras. Survivor is one instance, there were a couple of contestants on Americas next top model that needed it badly, big brother and the amazing race have a couple of cases, even hells kitchen to a minor extent.

(For those who are wondering, by survivor I'm referring to the contestants that went batshit crazy to the point of being a danger to themselves or their tribe. While they were voted out, I can think of at least one case where they should've pulled him straight out. This show and the amazing race would be more down to killer fatigue though)

(In terms of Americas next top model, there was one contestant who was an alcoholic (she did clean up her act somewhat), one contestant who was clearly showing signs of anorexia, one contestant who was bulimic and another contestant who appeared to be clearly mentally unstable)

Comment

I can think of a few American Survivor contestants that would apply to. Colton (IIRC) in the current Blood vs Water season would be a poster child for it. Thankfully he just up and quit before it became an issue one way or another.

With Angelina's case, you could tell how Andrew, the Experts and the show's producers eventually realized she didn't fit on the show. Early on, they treat her just like any other bad driver and try to get through to her. But as more and more details of her life emerged, especially in the past 2 episodes, they quickly changed tactics and rightfully so, moved her off the show.

CWD have had other contestants booted for health reasons, like when Donna was ejected for not disclosing her angina. (And most fans agreed, she was by far the Worst that season and possibly one of the worst ever; at least until we got Angelina)

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                  I can think of a few American Survivor contestants that would apply to. Colton (IIRC) in the current Blood vs Water season would be a poster child for it. Thankfully he just up and quit before it became an issue one way or another.
                  That would also be one of the best examples I can think of where the comparison between US reality shows and Canadian ones lie. Jeff was a dick to Colton for quitting outright, whereas he at least attempted to neutralise the situation with Brendan in the previous season.

With Angelina's case, you could tell how Andrew, the Experts and the show's producers eventually realized she didn't fit on the show. Early on, they treat her just like any other bad driver and try to get through to her. But as more and more details of her life emerged, especially in the past 2 episodes, they quickly changed tactics and rightfully so, moved her off the show.
                  Not just moved her off the show, but also got her the help she BADLY needed. (She'd admitted that she was on a waiting list to see a psychiatrist)

CWD have had other contestants booted for health reasons, like when Donna was ejected for not disclosing her angina. (And most fans agreed, she was by far the Worst that season and possibly one of the worst ever; at least until we got Angelina)
                  There's only been one other contestant booted for health reasons and that WAS Donna. Most of the other contestants with health issues have either had therapy sessions during the show (if the problem is psych in nature) or they've had eye exams or similar. The contestants with eye problems typically receive contact lenses or glasses afterwards.

Comment

Did the Father recurve corrective lenses? He couldn't pass a vision test to save his life and he was driving the church van.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                      Did the Father recurve corrective lenses? He couldn't pass a vision test to save his life and he was driving the church van.
                      Not from my understanding.

For those of you who continued watching past the episode where Angelina leaves. I found it nice to see that Shelby finally graduated. Michael's new nominator Eric seems much more patient too and even Michael seems to be improving.

Hands down though, my picks are either Sly or Dale. I'm honestly surprised that they haven't called dale in for a memory test yet. On top of that, watching her performance from her original season, I'm surprised she wasn't booted off when she tried to mow down Andrew. Seriously...that's not just a case of forgetful driving, that's downright psychotic!

I also did NOT get what Andrew was doing exactly in the car "hockey" challenge. (Although for those of you who have seen Canada's worst driver season 5(?) Mike Butt actually parodies Andrew in introducing the shopping-cart challenge which this one is based off of (Mike created said challenge), right down to the clothing! )
                      Last edited by fireheart; 12-05-2013, 10:01 AM.

Comment

1) speaking of the hockey challenge, Andrew did a damn good http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Cherry impersonation!

2) I'm also glad that Shelby got to leave, and I agree that Michael is improving. I have a feeling that he will be graduating on the next show (unless he has a disastrous episode).

3) I can't pick who will be the worst out of the rest. Sly seems to be the most puzzled by the details of how to do what you need to do, so I think that if someone can come up with a way to break through that barrier (so to speak), he may actually start picking up things. Which leaves Dale and Kevin...
                        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Over on TWOP, I agree with a lot of people. Dale is quickly reaching Angelina levels (if not past them). It's really looking like she's having some medical issues, possibly undiagnosed. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they give her a medical boot this episode coming. Otherwise, she and Kevin are shoo-ins for splitting the Worst Ever.

Shelby was like Shirley in a lot of ways. A bad driver, but one who was trying. He just didn't put as much time in his off-time like Shirley did. He's still a horrible driver, but he improved a lot (and he did seem to have fun there too). I just hope/wish he takes lessons outside the show to continue his improvement.

Michael without Debbie Downer, seems to be improving greatly. Baring a complete meltdown, he should graduate easily tonight, unless (as I mention above) Dale gets the medical discharge. He isn't the worst by far though.

As for the Car-hockey challenge, like most CWD challenges, it's a steering control challenge. It's about knowing the vehicle enough to keep it pointed in the right direction, accellerating and keeping it going in the right direction; something the CWDs notoriously have problems with. (Though not as much problems as they have with reversing). It's about fine vehicle control basically. In real life, I could see those skills being useful for maybe a 'love tap', where you use your vehicle to help nudge another vehicle out of a stuck position.

Comment

What. The. Fuck. Dale!?!

I said she'd get booted for medical reasons... I didn't think it would be because she quit, taxied home, was locked out, broke a window, and severed a tendon in her hand... then claimed she couldn't remember doing it all. She's so far up de Nile, the Aswan High Dam is downstream for her.

I really hope her family keeps her off the road now. Or Ontario's MOT takes her license.

Kevin's got it now, but Sly may get it if Kevin decides to quit driving. And if they call Dale back just to give her the trophy, I'd be fine with that too.

This has been a damn difficult season; I hope they don't do another Worst season; it's too difficult on everyone.

Comment

Wow.

Today's episode was... something else.

I didn't want to spoil it, but Dale just went off the rails.

I'm glad that 'judge' Cam Wooley said he was keeping Dale in mind for the Worst of the season, too.

There was a part in the show where Dale says that she wouldn't be Canada's Worst because the person who is wouldn't give a damn about driving. And I think that Dale's actions on the show prove that she could be the worst.
                              "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                                As for the Car-hockey challenge, like most CWD challenges, it's a steering control challenge. It's about knowing the vehicle enough to keep it pointed in the right direction, accellerating and keeping it going in the right direction; something the CWDs notoriously have problems with. (Though not as much problems as they have with reversing). It's about fine vehicle control basically. In real life, I could see those skills being useful for maybe a 'love tap', where you use your vehicle to help nudge another vehicle out of a stuck position.
                                Oh don't worry, I know what the POINT of said challenge is. What I didn't get was what Andrew was doing DURING the challenge. (I'm not from Canadialand so someone may need to explain to me)

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                                What. The. Fuck. Dale!?!

I said she'd get booted for medical reasons... I didn't think it would be because she quit, taxied home, was locked out, broke a window, and severed a tendon in her hand... then claimed she couldn't remember doing it all. She's so far up de Nile, the Aswan High Dam is downstream for her.
                                Wait....WHAT?!

I really hope her family keeps her off the road now. Or Ontario's MOT takes her license.
                                I'd be wondering if they prompted the MOT to review her license. A little checking reveals that it wouldn't surprise me if Cam (off-screen) did.

Kevin's got it now, but Sly may get it if Kevin decides to quit driving. And if they call Dale back just to give her the trophy, I'd be fine with that too.
                                I'm surprised that Michael didn't graduate either. Fingers crossed he'll ACTUALLY graduate-he's the best of the three hands down.

This has been a damn difficult season; I hope they don't do another Worst season; it's too difficult on everyone.
                                Another "All-star" season anyway. The actual normal seasons might require all contestants to be screened prior to the series commencing for any physical/medical conditions. Especially given that we've had a few cases where a contestant has had an issue that was somewhat rectified by glasses/contact lenses or they had to leave the program as a result (Donna, Angelina).

Comment

Working...
                                X