Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, I love my Andrew snarking too much to not want another CWD season. But Worst Ever! doesn't work. The strain is showing on Andrew, the contestants and the judges. It just doesn't feel like as fun as it usually is.

With the scissors , I wondered if they were getting someone to come in to cut it up, but the filming schedule probably didn't allow it, much as they wanted.

I bet they figure that they won't have enough to film if they have a Final 2 instead of a Final 3, so they have to go into the last ep with 3 drivers, even when one obviously isn't the worst.

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
      Oh yeah, I love my Andrew snarking too much to not want another CWD season. But Worst Ever! doesn't work. The strain is showing on Andrew, the contestants and the judges. It just doesn't feel like as fun as it usually is.
      Pretty much this. If anything, it's highlighting the need for GREATER scrutiny regarding the drivers. (Angelina's mental illness and Dale's god-knows-what for example)
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I wish he would do another worst handyman.

Comment

They might return to it. It depends on how Andrew's other show "Don't Drive Here" pans out.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

"Don't Drive here" was an interesting, and scary view on how driving is around the world. Especially seeing it through the eyes of an experienced North American driver like Andrew. So many of the habits he's drilled into CWD, not only didn't apply in some places, they were actually detrimental in them.

Like in India IIRC, where shoulder checking your blind spot just isn't done. It's up to the guy behind you to make sure he's aware of what you might try to do and adjust accordingly apparently. The Indian driver he was with seemed scared at all the shoulder checking Andrew did, just out of habit.

Or in Bangledash I think, where you parked your car in basically a Park and Ride lot, and you were expected to leave the car in neutral with the parking brake off, so other people could nudge your car out of the way as needed.

Still, while I might see another season out of it, I'm not sure if they can make it last that long. I'd love to see another Canada's Worst Handyman as well.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
              Oh don't worry, I know what the POINT of said challenge is. What I didn't get was what Andrew was doing DURING the challenge. (I'm not from Canadialand so someone may need to explain to me)
              Andrew was imitating Don Cherry, a Canadian former hockey player and coach turned commentator/'loose cannon' opinion-ator on television, known for his loud suits with thick collars.

Seriously, Google "Don Cherry suits".
              Last edited by El Pollo Guerrera; 12-11-2013, 02:32 AM.
              "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 ā€¢ "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 ā€¢ "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 ā€¢ "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 ā€¢ "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 ā€¢ "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 ā€¢ "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 ā€¢ "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 ā€¢ Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                Andrew was imitating Don Cherry, a Canadian former hockey player and coach turned commentator/'loose cannon' opinion-ator on television, known for his loud suits with thick collars.

Seriously, Google "Don Cherry suits".
                OK I will.

I managed to catch some of the most recent episode, specifically Dale's "confession" sequence (in front of the panel). Oh. my. deity. Is it just me or was she trying to pull the "age" card as well as travelling on the road of de Nile? She just came off as very condescending towards all of the panel.

Gotta say, Andrew pretending to cut up her license was a hoot!

On a more serious note, I've been skimming the Facebook page of late. Good news: NEW SEASON NEXT YEAR!!!!
                Not so good news: The general consensus for Dale is either dementia or under the influence of something. Really don't want to know which one...although I suspect we'll find out in the "finale"
                Last edited by fireheart; 12-11-2013, 11:33 AM.

Comment

It's December 17th.

The final episode was yesterday.

The final three contestants are Michael, Sly ("... like the wind"), and Kevin.

And the 'winner' is...
                  Spoiler ahead...
                  I mean it, if you don't want to know, then don't highlight beneath the SPOILER tags...
                  SPOILER BEGIN!!!

Kevin. He had an absolutely disastrous 'city tour' with Andrew as the final test. It was at the point that Andrew told him to pull over and stop because he was feeling unsafe.

For the big last on-course challenge (The MEGA-CHALLENGE!), all three had pretty bad runs, so it seemed like neck-and-neck-and-neck for the final 'city tour' test. The surprising thing was that in the final Michael had only two violations (he ran two red lights), and Sly had ZERO violations, so both were allowed to leave with their heads held high (well, high-ish... and there was a note to the public that if anyone saw Sly eating or drinking while driving, he'd be getting a CWDE duplicate trophy in the mail).

They also brought Dale back for the final announcement, because the voting for the 'winner' was 3-2 Kevin-Dale!

SPOILER END!!!
                  "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 ā€¢ "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 ā€¢ "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 ā€¢ "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 ā€¢ "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 ā€¢ "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 ā€¢ "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 ā€¢ "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 ā€¢ Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I wish we had real spoiler tags so I could see what was written...

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                      I wish we had real spoiler tags so I could see what was written...
                      ? Just click and drag your mouse over the area between the SPOILER markers.....

There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Quoth It's me View Post
                        ? Just click and drag your mouse over the area between the SPOILER markers.....
                        Which doesn't work for me since I use forum runner.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post

Which doesn't work for me since I use forum runner.
                          Ah, sorry didn't realize.

On topic: looks like Kevin's true colours started to show at the end...
                          There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Yeah his true colours showed at the end. When he did so well at the start of the Mega challenge, I worried they might try to pull a last minute redemption, but he returned to form at the end and especially on the live drive. Very few times has Andrew looked terrified on the live drive, but that moment when he was driving on the wrong side of the road with oncoming traffic, was probably one of the most terrifying moments I've seen on the show. How Andrew didn't grab the wheel and pull him back (which isn't the right thing to do granted, but it is the instinctual thing to do), I'll never know.

As I said on the TWOP thread, Kevin seems to be the type that says what he thinks you want to hear. So he promised to give up his license, but he never believed it would come to that. During the final face to face with the judges, they called him on the lie and how he was telling them one thing and his nominator another thing, and it was clear he was completely lost as to what to do. He weakly tried to give the "I'll take lessons back home" story, but no one was buying it, least of all him.

It was good to see some of the good CWD has caused in this season; with Chris and Shirley especially, but to a lessor extent with Shelby and Michael. I hope they don't do this type of season again though. Out of 9 drivers, we got 2 excellent drivers (Chris and Shirley), one no more driver (Henrietta), three bad but somewhat redeemable drivers (Michael, Sly and Shelby) and 3 WTF drivers, two of which (arguably all three) have medical reasons not to drive. (Angelina, Dale and Kevin). Those last three should have split the trophy between them really.

In any case, I am really looking forward to CWDX with a brand new set of horrible drivers.

Comment

Am I the only one who had a feeling that if Michael didn't overthink so much, he'd be a better driver? His final drive was almost flawless apart from running a couple of red lights.

I wasn't surprised to see dale back and I agree with the experts that had she not injured herself, that she'd be canadas worst driver ever. Apparently cam HAS contacted the MOT though, so I suspect that dales license will be going bye bye before too long.

I too cannot wait for a new series of CWD now.

Comment

His final drive was almost flawless apart from running a couple of red lights.
                                That, to me, is like saying that a chef is truly excellent - except for the accidental substitution of JalapeƱos in the fruit salad, and the salmonella in the Full English Breakfast. I would not want to eat in a restaurant served by such a chef, and I would likewise not want to be on the road with a habitual red-light runner.

Comment

Working...
                                X