This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth raudf View Post
    I've run out of gas.. the fuel pump started leaking and it ran out before I could get to a station. Not that I was going to fill it up, but I wanted to make a phone call without risking getting run over.
    *spanks you* No, no, you cannot do that! No mobiles allowed to be used on the forecourt!
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

I would have been next to the semi-rig parking next to the gas station, if I had made it. Freeways are no place to run out forward motion. As it was, I parked it further into the ditch and stayed on the other side of the ditch from the traffic. Made bringing the giant skateboard home very difficult.
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        Why would it just be Honda SUVs, rather than other makes and other types of vehicle?
        No, no, no. LNS means elements with the small "e", like the bad elements on the TV show BReaking BAd.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I'm just not sure if it's politically correct to call them "chavs" or "pikeys" any more... O_o But some of them have vandalised the air and water tower before. Side kicked in, number meter thingy stolen, hoses cut in half, ends of hoses cut off and stolen... the list goes on. I can only imagine what they'd do if we left the pumps on and unlocked all night... *shivers*

Quoth raudf View Post
          I would have been next to the semi-rig parking next to the gas station, if I had made it. Freeways are no place to run out forward motion. As it was, I parked it further into the ditch and stayed on the other side of the ditch from the traffic. Made bringing the giant skateboard home very difficult.
          Ah, then that's alright then. XD
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            How the hell do people end up running out of gas like that anyway? Whatever happened to watching the fuel gauge? On the other hand....isn't it convenient that she "ran out" right next to a gas station?
            The gas gauge got stuck once in my last car, so it didn't register the tank as empty. I ran out of gas in the middle of Las Vegas morning rush hour on I-15.

Comment

I've driven Chevy Cavaliers almost all of my life, now I have a Cobalt. Its basically the same car, just a different name. They have always been very reliable cars with good gas mileage. (Actually, I was given the Cobalt so gave my Cavalier to someone who didn't have a car. At the time I gave it to him, it had 218,000 miles on it. 2 years later, its still running very well.)

The one thing they all had in common was flaky gas gauges. I ran out of gas in my first one several times, now I pretty much ignore the gauge and rely on the trip meter to tell me when to fill up. Of course, my Sportster doesn't even have a gas gauge to ignore

Comment

Working...
              X