This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know you *saw* the sign, but you didn't READ it

A couple let me get through the whole transaction before mentioning getting $10 discount. "There was a sign." Yeah, it says you need a mobile coupon on your phone. There is one in this ad, and if they'd told me before, I could've done it in the transaction instead of having to put out in after the fact. If it says coupon, you need a coupon!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

ugh people do that at my store with their reward dollars. they go so far as to sign the receipt then mention it. ugh really. I also hate the signs that say 'text this number for....' and they think it means they automatically get a coupon or those ones that dont wanna sign up for texts think I should give them the discount anyway. it's not just a freebie, they want you to sign up for texts, if you dont sign up, but get the discount anyway, that's not the rules.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      "There was a sign."
      Yet another of my most hated phrases. Really? There was a sign. Okay... So we go and look at the sign, and it's almost guaranteed to not be for what they bought. Though lately since New Manager doesn't know how to schedule there is also a good chance it's an expired sale sign which I now have to honor.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
        Yet another of my most hated phrases. Really? There was a sign. Okay... So we go and look at the sign, and it's almost guaranteed to not be for what they bought.
        Or the customer thinks the item is $1.00 each, when the sign actually says $1.00 off. This has happened at my store more than a few times, and it's not like our signs are that difficult to read, provided the customer actually reads them.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

A friend

On day as I drove up to a local supermarket my friend beside me burst out about what a good deal the sign outside had on rose bushes (the small ones in a pot).

But what she quoted was not what the sign said.

I told her she was wrong and to read what the sign REALLY SAID, not what she wanted it to say. She still misread the sign.

I parked the car and walked up to the sign and told her I was not going inside or driving her home until she showed me WORD by WORD what she claimed the sign said.

She start to read it out-aloud, then "oh", then she wanted to going inside to shop, not once willing to admit her mistake.

Comment

Yes indeed. It happens all the time at the convenience store too. 24 packs of water are 2.99 when you buy 2 but people buy 1 and complain about the 3.99 price.
            Another time a customer grabbed up several large candy bars that were a dollar off if you bought 2 and wanted to argue that they cost a dollar. I wanted to tell that guy to drive down the road to the Dollar tree because that is the only place close that would actually sell a candy bar for a buck.

Comment

Working...
            X