This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seeing your sc outside of your job

Everytime i see those damn SC, they want to chat about sales or how some new girl wasnt nice to her or how they need to make a return. I have to kindly remind them that I'm not at work and to either go to the store or call them as i am not permitted to assist customers off store property and off the clock. I know it's a small town, but if I'm out having a meal with my family, i dont care about you, SC, you are just an unfortunate part of my employment situation.

Quoth minkysmom View Post
    Everytime i see those damn SC, they want to chat about sales or how some new girl wasnt nice to her or how they need to make a return. I have to kindly remind them that I'm not at work and to either go to the store or call them as i am not permitted to assist customers off store property and off the clock. I know it's a small town, but if I'm out having a meal with my family, i dont care about you, SC, you are just an unfortunate part of my employment situation.

Tell them you don't know who they are. And if they say they're a customer, say your identical twin cousin works at *business*.

Comment

I got one of those at the grocery store. "You have eeeny more dees counts?". I don't work at the grocery store. Posted on fb about it and my Limo Liberal sister (she has a maid) said "what is she couldn't afford your prices?" I dunno, maybe shop at a thrift store like I do, since I can't afford the clothes we sell?
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I do see SCs outside of work occasionally. The ones I've actually had it out with don't even look at me, they just hurry away. Funny how they suddenly hate confrontation when the other person's not in a work apron.

The ones I do have problems with are the annoying regulars. They come over and say hello and want a conversation. I always respond to their greeting, but after that, they seem perplexed and sad when I ignore them. Is it a bit rude? I don't think so. I said hello, and asked how they were - I'm not obligated to spend any more of my time satisfying their need to blab pointlessly at someone.

Oh, and then there are the people who recognize me and feel like it's appropriate to honk their horn or scream at me from their car windows, and then act surprised that I choose to ignore them. Later at work it's always, "I saw you walking down the street and honked and you didn't even turn around!" Me: "I thought it was just some random rude person, sorry!"

Comment

I had one customer try to "trap" me into a pointless conversation when I was off the clock. It had been a long day, I was sick, dealing with a pregnancy and it's symptoms. I was rude, "Look, I'm not being paid to give a shit about your day. Do everyone a favor and get a therapist, 'kay?" The person sputtered about reporting my rudeness to my boss. "Go for it. I quit two days ago, ijit. So, build a bridge and get over yourself."

Hubs says that I was sweet as pie the rest of the pregnancy. Probably because I let the bitch rip the guy's head off.
          If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I can't remember seeing SCs outside my work. I'm really bad at remembering faces, though. I tend to walk with my head down, not making eye contact. I just want to get my errand done and go home. My home town was small and I literally could not go anywhere without having a 10 minute chat with someone, even trying my best not to be noticed these people would chase me down. So I really like that this is a bigger town, and I'm less likely to see anyone I know or who recognizes me.

When I leave work I put on a coat over my work shirt. I will sometimes get glares, (okay, I lot) because I'm leaving and not helping them. But rarely do people try to talk to me. When they do I don't slow down, I keep walking and say "I'm sorry, you can ask at the cutting counter." Regardless of what the question is. I'm clearly not available. Coat on, carrying my water, phone, and possibly food. Get a life people.
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I don't see customers in person, but there are places I will not shop because I've dealt with these people and my name was on the proofs and/or receipts I sent them, and I don't want them recognizing my name on my debit card (nor do I want them to have my card number). Obviously, these are not my favorite customers (only got one of those anyway).
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth The_Mysterious_Mr_L View Post
                Oh, and then there are the people who recognize me and feel like it's appropriate to honk their horn or scream at me from their car windows, and then act surprised that I choose to ignore them. Later at work it's always, "I saw you walking down the street and honked and you didn't even turn around!" Me: "I thought it was just some random rude person, sorry!"
                STRENUOUSLY dislike it when someone honks or yells at you from their car window when they pass. Unless it's a close friend or a family member who want to flag you down so they can give you a ride, then FUCK. OFF. I hate it when I'm nearly given a heart attack by some random asshole honking or screaming out their window as they pass.

Comment

In my opinion, a car horn has one purpose: to alert someone of danger. When I hear one, I look around in case it's me that's being alerted.

If it's some ijit (I like that (mis)spelling!) using it as a toy, it really irritates me.
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I had one of my SCs turn up on my doorstep! He was working for some door-to-door sales thing & I put a flea in his ear because I live in a secure block so he was only supposed to visit whoever had buzzed him in. He did say he thought he recognised me, but as I was out of uniform he's still not put two & two together...
                    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I've seen workers I recognize outside of work, but since I'm not a SC, the encounters are generally pleasant. I keep things brief, and leave it to small talk.
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Gotta admit, the few times I have seen customers outside work, they have been really nice, saying things like I may be in tomorrow with a couple of questions

Comment

A coworker of mine said she was out with her husband shopping and ran into one of our regular SC that is known for being a B@#$h to everyone at our store. It was in the parking lot of another chain store on her day off and apparently the SC didn't like the way her husband put the shopping cart back into the cart pen and walked up to coworker and said something about it and if she didn't do something then SC would tell coworker's boss.

Coworker told her off and SC actually called to complain. The store supervisor told the SC that what his employees do on their day off is their business

Comment

YES. I've heard of people complaining about how my coworker was dressed while shopping in the mall (kind of risque for some tastes). The bosses were like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I've seen some SCs outside of work, but I have a very simple solution.

"I'm not allowed to give out medical advice away from work. If you have a problem, call your doctor."
                              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X