This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the Ark when you need it?

After our mall closed I went down to the far end to lock the last set of doors. At this end is a pool/spa/tanning bed store that closes 2-hours before the rest of the mall. As I walked by their gate the night lighting glistening off softly lapping water caught my attention....

Wait...what??!!?

THE FLOOR WAS FLOODED! The water was almost to the front gate!

After calling the Owner and him and some employees coming back, it turned-out that they'd had a pump and hose pumping water from one display pool to another, when the hose fell out of the 2nd pool with the pump still going. There was at the least a THOUSAND gallons of water on the floor. At least it flowed mostly to one side of the store and missed the furniture and pool tables. The Cleaning supervisor came by at that point and was nice enough to drive the floor cleaning machine into the Store to help suction-up some of the water (putting aside his own job to do it!) while the rest of us squeegeed water towards him and used a wet vac.

At least this was noticed now, and not at 8AM the next morning. The Employee the left the pump running caught hell though, though nothing was damaged - just a few wet carpets.

This poor store, it seems I only ever call them when something bad is happening, like when some guy tried to hook-up and drive-off with their delivery trailer!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Quoth LillFilly View Post
    This poor store, it seems I only ever call them when something bad is happening!
    Are you kidding? I'd say they owe you dinner! Good job, I say.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I think the person who thought it was ok to go home and leave water pumping like that needs to buy pizza for all those who helped clean up their mess.

Madness takes it's toll....
      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

With soda and garlic bread, and dessert at the mall's gelati bar. (Or ice cream shop, if there's no gelati bar.)
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
        X