Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just have to say that while I've never been a huge McD's fan, I LOOOVE the new southern style chicken sandwiches - especially now that I've moved to a place with no Chik-fil-a. It's a good substitute.

And I have so much sympathy to the poor folks behind the counter. *cookies*
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth SushiSteph View Post
      Unless I have to in order to survive, I will never work in Fast Food ever again! I worked at Burger King for my first job and I got so bitter I started having fantasies about throwing burgers in people's faces and then laughing evilly. (is that a word?)
      Funnily enough, when I got out of the service in '90, my first job was Burger King - it was something to get money from while I looked for other jobs - and I loved it. If they'd been able to pay what I needed, I'd probably have stayed as long as they could do that.
      The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

I don't think I could ever last in the fast food biz without wanting to go postal. You have my sympathies and welcome to !
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

The people who don't know what they want in the drive thru and sit there for more than a minute are sucky. There are people behind them who know what they want and now have to wait for no reason. The store is held accountable for the drive thru times as well. Worse yet are the ones who sit there on the phone trying to get someone else to tell them what they want. GRRRRRRR

Comment

Quoth neecy View Post
            Then there was the guy who threw a cup of coke at me, soaking me from head to toe because I got him a large coke instead of a "large cone." Easily remedied (after all coke and cone look almost identical) but I HAD confirmed it by saying "One large Coca-cola, correct?" before going to get it. I guess people who are hungry can't be expected to listen.
            *twitch* Okay, that... arugh.... imbeciles like that make me so mad! I wish I'd been there for that so I could "restrain" him until the cops got there to arrest him for assaulting you. Very, very UNCOMFORTABLY restrain. There is no excuse for that kind of behavior towards a person, and what he did should have gotten him nailed for a hate-crime. Something he richly deserves.

I'd apologize on behalf of humanity for assholes like that, Neecy, except they're not developed enough to be called humans, and I'm not stupid enough to speak on behalf of intolerant, inbred neanderthals like them.
            Last edited by JustADude; 08-16-2008, 07:15 PM.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
              To be fair, a lot of people don't know that you're on a timer.
              Actually, at the front counter, the register has a little LED screen that shows the price of whatever item you're buying, but when one is not buying anything, it shows the average time for the person who is signed on to that register. The timer starts as soon as you type in the first item, and continues until you "serve" the order. As for the dude with the happy meals, he looked genuinely confused as to the gender of his children.

Oh, and another one of my favorites (happened again today). Kid walks in past the giant golden glowing "m", through the door with the "McDonald's is now hiring" sign, past the giant big mac sign and the McChicken posters, comes up to the register marked with the McDonald's logo, and asks... for a Whopper.
              Me: *facepalm*
              "Warning: Do not climb inside this bag and zip it up. Doing so will cause injury and death." -- A label inside a protective bag (for fragile objects), which measures 15cm by 15cm by 12cm.

Comment

(Warning! Extra Long!)
                It's not Extra Long, it's Super Sized!

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                I suspect this was a case of him thinking "Well d'uh, stupid McDonalds server, isn't it OBVIOUS?" You can never tell with other people's kids and should never ever assume, but some people seem to think their kid's gender is obvious and you're a complete dolt for not making the assumption their way.
                I was thinking along the same lines. Either that or maybe he didn't realize that there were different toys? Or maybe he has more kids at home and had to double check which ones he brought with him
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                  *twitch* Okay, that... arugh.... imbeciles like that make me so mad! I wish I'd been there for that so I could "restrain" him until the cops got there to arrest him for assaulting you. Very, very UNCOMFORTABLY restrain. There is no excuse for that kind of behavior towards a person, and what he did should have gotten him nailed for a hate-crime. Something he richly deserves.

I'd apologize on behalf of humanity for assholes like that, Neecy, except they're not developed enough to be called humans, and I'm not stupid enough to speak on behalf of intolerant, inbred neanderthals like them.
                  You're sweet JustaDude Unfortunately it seemed working in the fast food industry brought out the worst in the "worst segment" of society. I remember one lady commenting (I was told this after the fact by my manager since I naturally didn't hear it) commenting "How nice they let retards work here!" Manager apparently took her aside and told her to watch her mouth and that I was one of the best window people they had. Made my day.

Fortunately enough, those kinds were few and far between. I loved my job up until a sucky manager made me leave. She told me not to use sign-language while working the front counter because "Hearing people might not like it" (I had deaf friends who would come to my McD's specifically because they knew they could just sign their orders to me.) Looking back (I was only 15 at the time and embarrassed by being called out in front of everybody for something as simple as using sign language) I wish I'd have sued for discrimination. As it was, I found working under her too hostile, but she "turned out good numbers" (sound familiar folks?) so the general manager wouldn't reprimand or fire her. It wasn't too bad- I went onto a better job a few months later.
                  The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Neecy, I wish I knew sign language sometimes when I was in the store. I had a woman come in once in a while who was deaf, and usually it wasn't a problem but sometimes we had to resort to writing notes.

As for taking forever to order, I don't get on line unless I know what I want. And since I only eat a few things at McD's, it's generally not a problem, but at the rare occasions I'm at a place where I have to read the menu and decide, I stand back and let other people go ahead of me if I haven't figured it out yet.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Tauri.Sith View Post
                      ...he looked genuinely confused as to the gender of his children.
                      Perhaps they weren't (all) his children. Or at least he's never had to change their nappies. Even so... sucky parent.

Comment

I don't have to be smart, I'm blonde.
                        Female, early twenties, mid-afternoon.
                        Me: WelcometoMcDonald'smayItakeyourorder?
                        SC: I'd like a ranch snackwrap.
                        Me: Alright, what kind of chicken would you like on it?
                        SC:*confused* Ranch? (Answer: No.)
                        Me: I'm sorry, would you like grilled chicken or crispy chicken on that?
                        SC: Yes.
                        Me:
                        I get these kinds of people all the time, and they're often not blond ladies. The most frequent one is when someone orders onion rings, and I ask them what size they would like. They will then repeat that they want onion rings. Occasionally someone else will be with them and say "no, he asked what size order you want!" We also get this with potatoes.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                          Perhaps they weren't (all) his children. Or at least he's never had to change their nappies. Even so... sucky parent.
                          Or, like me, they were tomboy-ish and liked the boy's hot wheels better. I remember I used to go to the counter after every happy meal and request a toy swap lol

Comment

Actually, at the front counter, the register has a little LED screen that shows the price of whatever item you're buying, but when one is not buying anything, it shows the average time for the person who is signed on to that register.
                            Which leads to issues around these parts where the person at the counter will wait for orders to be finished before ringing up the next person, just to keep the average times down. That might sound nice for the employees, but it sucks to be the guy waiting for your order to be taken for what looks like no good reason.

Comment

I feel your pain, I worked BK for 2 years. As for the sodas, I was constantly catching kids using the little ketchup side cups to drink soda from the fountains. *sigh*

Comment

Me: WelcometoMcDonald'smayItakeyourorder?
                                SC:I want a McChicken and some of those dollar-fries and...um...er...uh...*dur*
                                Yes, I am on a timer, but don't worry - taking fifteen minutes will only cost me my job.
                                What I don't understand is why with so many fast food places, you can't see the menu board until you pull up to the speaker. How are people supposed to be ready with their order if they can't see the menu until the exact second they're supposed to order??

I don't eat much fast food anymore, and so if I am at a drive-thru it's because I'm in a car with someone else who is stopping there. You pull up to the speaker and are asked for your order before you can even see what they have to offer. I like the places that have a menu set-up before you reach the speaker.

Comment

Working...
                                X