Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Old 06-09-2018, 05:58 AM
Has had too many jobs

Yep it is obvious.. a giant sculpture in the shape of a hand with a single digit extended to the sky... two guesses which..

Old 06-09-2018, 08:46 PM
Warning: He thinks he's funny.

"I'm going to need more furniture for this obvious layout. I ran out halfway through the 'B', so I will need a lot more desks to spell the rest of it. And more room, too."

Old 06-12-2018, 01:19 AM
I'm not bitter. I'm informed.

"So dude, I've got the couches laid out in the classic Roman pattern in the lounge, but you forgot to include the fire pit that goes in the center. Also the fountains."

Old 06-14-2018, 02:55 AM
JAFP

Quote:
Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
"I'm going to need more furniture for this obvious layout. I ran out halfway through the 'B', so I will need a lot more desks to spell the rest of it. And more room, too."
Quote:
Quoth Mytical View Post
Yep it is obvious.. a giant sculpture in the shape of a hand with a single digit extended to the sky... two guesses which..
Quote:
Quoth MoonCat View Post
"So dude, I've got the couches laid out in the classic Roman pattern in the lounge, but you forgot to include the fire pit that goes in the center. Also the fountains."

Quote:
Quoth morgana View Post
And when you got the plans, was the layout "obvious"?
Actually it was, but that wasn't the point. I'm trying to train this dumbass to do jobs professionally.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:56 AM
Retired Merchant Mariner

Kind of the opposite, but in the same vein. Years ago, I once had a supervisor who insisted on telling me how to do parts of my job. Often, he would arrive on scene where I was working, while I was performing a task I'd been doing successfully for at least a couple of decades, such as correcting charts.

If someone else were in the room with me, he would loudly instruct me to take the steps for the job that I was already taking. I would look annoyed, and tell him something like: "Yes, I know. I was doing that when you came in."

He would then leave, and tell other people, such as his boss, that I "had to be told how to complete that simple task."

Luckily, he'd pulled that trick on a number of people, and so over time they would just roll their eyes when he remarked on how he had once again 'saved the day.' But at first, when people still believed him, it was causing me a bit of heartburn.

Old 06-14-2018, 02:41 PM
Old counter jumper

Quote:
Quoth SailorMan View Post
Kind of the opposite, but in the same vein. Years ago, I once had a supervisor who insisted on telling me how to do parts of my job. Often, he would arrive on scene where I was working, while I was performing a task I'd been doing successfully for at least a couple of decades
I once had a supervisor who had a "thing" just like this. I was a programmer (and designer) during the 1990s. We would have regular meetings to discuss designs. During those meetings his way of asserting himself was to wait until one of us had finished explaining and he would say "There's something wrong with that - but I just can't put my finger on it."

Weeks later when we modified the design (as we always did) he would wait until we had explained what we changed and why, and then say "I knew there was something wrong with that! I told you!"

Later that annoyed me enough that I refused to work with him and that led to me leaving that company and running my own company. Then I didn't have to listen to his lies about how he "knew" that there was something wrong.