Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Off Topic > Life Advice

Old 06-14-2018, 08:09 PM
Warning: He thinks he's funny.

Quote:
Quoth greek_jester View Post
If you can get some dried hibiscus flower heads (check health food shops, hippy markets, or the internet), boil a few handfuls up in a saucepan until it is a lovely dark red colour.
I love hibiscus tea! I've had it in various Latin-American restaurants (most recently, on vacation in Ecuador!!) and it's always yummy. It's called Jamaica (ha-MAY-ca). Surprisingly, the country doesn't get its name from this...

If you have a Latin bodega nearby, you may be able to get the flowers there as well.

Old Today, 03:27 AM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth TheWolfEmperor View Post
I've been watching salt content pretty religiously. Fortunately mustard seems to be low in sodium, which means I can make that my go to in all my condiment needs.
I used to salt the hell out of everything ... and when I was a youngster (way back when ...) you could buy a small box of pretzel sticks for about five or ten cents. I would eat the pretzel sticks ... and then eat up all the salt that had fallen off them into the box. Why my BP isn't through the roof I do not know, but I am very lucky -- it's fine. I plan to keep it that way, so have moderated my salt intake considerably.

I live on the 14th floor of an apartment building and am trying to remember to take the stairs up 3 or 4 floors (if ever I make it all 14 floors, I will take out a full-page ad in the local newspaper ...) if I'm not carrying anything other than my purse. Not doing too well at it; I must try to increase my stair-stepping.