Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hotel Hijinks (Or: "Tidbits from the past few weeks")

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jarlaxle View Post
    At a guess, " I'm rich beyond your wildest dreams," refers to being a born-again Christian.
    Possibly, but if you put it on a really nice car, the apparent meaning changes and it looks more like an 'f-u'. Come to think of it, it's more of an f-u than an invitation anyway, isn't it?
    Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth Antisocial_Worker View Post

The Floor Show

apparently the sight of the carpet triggered uncontrollable lust. Two of the men tackled one another and were trying to wrench each other's pants off there before God, the queen, and her underpants. Butt cheeks were laid bare for all to see, which is not necessarily an unpleasant development if you, like me, are an admirer of Latino men,
      If you'll excuse me, I'll be in my bunk

Unless of course you invoke the Please Steal From Us Guarantee. Which I bet you will. Which I resent, because I don't believe in rewarding stupidity
      Ah, I think I know exactly which chain you work for, my husband had the misfortune of working for them...

The Prank Call
      "Thank you for calling Elongated Hexagon Inn at a Certain Location, this is (name). How can I help you?"
      Yup, definitely the same chain... the one where apparently depending on franchise telling a cubit zirconium guest that you are sold out on a night that you are *gasp* sold out is a terminable offense.
      You have my sympathies for having to deal with the corporate stupidity, sounds like you have a decent franchise though.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
        Somewhere, I have a picture of the guinea pig with a nametag manning the front desk during an audit shift.
        Have we seen that?
        Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
        At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
          Not yet, however when I was the most active online in an aggressive game in a hard core raid guild swatting was not yet a thing, though I did get harassed with a couple DOS attacks, some hacked accounts and such. More or less why I don't do game competitions for monetary prizes.
          Sounds like you would appreciate Fred Saberhagen's book Octagon (1981).
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            Sounds like you would appreciate Fred Saberhagen's book Octagon (1981).
            I will have to look for it.
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Someone DID in fact have a service bear.

His name was Wojtek, he was formally enlisted in the British army (Polish unit, of course, Britain isn't THAT cool), and he was AWESOME. http://www.badassoftheweek.com/voytek.html

I feel like MadMike might have enjoyed meeting him considering that he really enjoyed a good beer when he wasn't carrying ammo. The one in your parking lot was probably just thirsty!

Comment

Quoth Marszenka View Post
                Someone DID in fact have a service bear.
                I actually know the story of the one in our parking lot. A study was being conducted about the habits of urban bears in my city -- where their dens are, where they forage, what they eat when they do forage... That sort of thing. The bear in our parking lot was wearing one of those tracking collars.
                Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                  Not yet, however when I was the most active online in an aggressive game in a hard core raid guild swatting was not yet a thing, though I did get harassed with a couple DOS attacks, some hacked accounts and such. More or less why I don't do game competitions for monetary prizes.
                  Ya, I forgot about your signature, sorry. *facepalm*

I played EVE for a couple of years (I was an indy/researcher, not enough time in the day). That community is great, and horrific beyond imagination. This coming from someone who loves the game, and would still be playing if I had time. (EVE, it is a full-time job if you want to advance in the game.)

You have good reason to worry about them.
                  I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth vikingchyk View Post
                    Have we seen that?
                    I don't believe so, since it would have had the company logo on it. Though I don't work there anymore and have absolutely no plans to return, so if I find it...

....though in the mean time I have found this: here's Pippin running the daily meeting back at that gig. One day I set her down with the clipboard, told the rest of the staff she was in charge, and just walked away. (It was just one of those days.)

Last edited by bhskittykatt; 10-15-2014, 02:19 PM.
                    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                      the one where apparently depending on franchise telling a cubit zirconium guest that you are sold out on a night that you are *gasp* sold out is a terminable offense.
                      So what are you supposed to do in such a situation? Find the lowest-status person who is registered but not yet checked in, and cancel their reservation in order to give the room to the CZ SC? If everybody has already checked in, are you supposed to kick out the lowest-status person?
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        So what are you supposed to do in such a situation? Find the lowest-status person who is registered but not yet checked in, and cancel their reservation in order to give the room to the CZ SC?
                        Yes, apparently that is exactly what you are supposed to do.
                        Part of why I will never stay with that hotel group unless it is a franchise I am already familiar with, I really don't want to risk my reservation being more of a wishful thought than a guarantee depending on the franchise.
                        eta- I don't hold this against the employees, I know all too well that they aren't the ones who are shafting the "less important" guests, in many cases they have corporate breathing down their necks saying "do this or be fired."
                        Last edited by smileyeagle1021; 10-16-2014, 08:38 PM.
                        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I don't believe so, since it would have had the company logo on it. Though I don't work there anymore and have absolutely no plans to return, so if I find it...

....though in the mean time I have found this: here's Pippin running the daily meeting back at that gig. One day I set her down with the clipboard, told the rest of the staff she was in charge, and just walked away. (It was just one of those days.)

"The floor will now hear from the guinea."
                          "weebleweebleweeble."
                          "There is a motion on the floor. Seconded?"
                          "Second."
                          "How many vote aye?"
                          "AYE!"
                          "Ayes have it. The guinea referendum to solve world hunger and homelessness passes."
                          "weebleweeble!" *translation: I actually just wanted some celery!*

Comment

Just a thought, but do you know what kind of soundtrack would suit an attempt to make breakfast for upwards of 200 people?

In an hour?

When nothing is fresh and everything comes in boxes and bags that have to be cut open?

I do.
                            Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
                              Ya, I forgot about your signature, sorry. *facepalm*

I played EVE for a couple of years (I was an indy/researcher, not enough time in the day). That community is great, and horrific beyond imagination. This coming from someone who loves the game, and would still be playing if I had time. (EVE, it is a full-time job if you want to advance in the game.)

You have good reason to worry about them.
                              Don't you just love a game that will let you commit pretty much every crime except rape that can be done in real life? I especially like the major bank robbery, and the covert takeover and elimination of a corporation ... though being able to murder [twice] someone that gets on your nerves is wonderful.

I know a number of executives that could be replaced by Pippin with no discernable problem
                              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I think replacing a few executives with Pippin would be an improvement.

Comment

Working...
                                X