Go Back   Customers Suck! > Community > Bugs and questions, and also site suggestions

No PMs and no avatar
Old 05-11-2017, 05:46 PM
Cashier

Default No PMs and no avatar

Hello!

I have been trying to send a couple of PMs out and for some reason the system says I haven't sent any. Are PMs still usable or were they disabled?

Also, I can't add an avatar to my profile. Is there a post limit I have to hit before I can add an avatar?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Old 05-11-2017, 07:01 PM
Werewolf Kitty

Yes, but you should be able to by now. We'll take a look.
"All I am surrounded by is fear. And dead men." Darth Vader, Star Wars: Vader Down
"It's almost like 'idiot savant' is a life goal." auner01
"You've got a gift. Seek help." Sandcrabsailor
"The moment you trust a demon, they will stab you in the back. Of course, I'm no hypocrite. Anyone who trusts me will get knifed as well." Klokinator, "The Cryopod to Hell"

Old 05-11-2017, 09:45 PM
Heavy Metal Admin

I don't see any problems with the permissions. What happens when you try to send a PM? Or add an avatar? Do you get a "No permission" message, or does something else happen?

I noticed you have a profile pic. If you're able to have that, you should be able to have an avatar as well.
Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Old 05-12-2017, 03:51 PM
Cashier

When I send a PM absolutely nothing happens. It disappears like I sent it, but then I can't read what I sent in the sent box. I just received a PM back from someone I was trying to message so I guess they are going through, I just wish I could see sent messages.

The avatar thing keeps saying I have the wrong file ending, I'm going to try and convert the picture into every known image file type there is and try them one by one and see what works. Previously I've gotten errors that say the image is too small and too large.

Old 05-12-2017, 04:56 PM
Werewolf Kitty

Looks like you got the avatar working, at least. The limit is 100x100, with a fairly small size in KB, os I just shrink mine to that size whenever I update it.

The "sent items" thing does sound odd. It should be selectable from the dropdown and ...wait a second. Scroll down below the Reply box. Make sure that "Save a copy..." is checked.
"All I am surrounded by is fear. And dead men." Darth Vader, Star Wars: Vader Down
"The moment you trust a demon, they will stab you in the back. Of course, I'm no hypocrite. Anyone who trusts me will get knifed as well." Klokinator, "The Cryopod to Hell"

Last edited by EricKei; 05-12-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Old 05-12-2017, 05:09 PM
Cashier

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
Make sure that "Save a copy..." is checked.
Ah. I was using the quick reply function, not the advanced. Ok, thanks, I think that solves all of my problems!

Old 05-12-2017, 06:35 PM
Werewolf Kitty

Glad we could help!