This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unemployable

I have no job. I'm a stay at home dad and I collect unemployment. My wife goes to work. We both are unhappy with our current employment situations and wish to change. She wants to be home with the kids and I want to be at work. Unfortunately, several factors are conspiring against us.

For starters, I live in a tiny rural area with jack shit for jobs. If I have to travel 80 miles a day to get to work, I'm eating up my paycheck in gas money. I would also have to find a job somewhere that would cover both what she gets at her job plus my unemployment. We could both work, but putting two kids in day care is a week's pay all by itself. The last is that I just can't find a job now as I've burned most of my bridges, being known as the guy who will just quit a job if I feel like I'm being treated like crap or dicked with* in some way. If you're lucky I'll finish out the shift.

dicked with* = discriminating against me in some way, giving me shitloads of attitude for no reason, or blaming all your mistakes on me (i.e. ordering too much merchandise and then blaming me when the stock room is overloaded)...

What's a guy to do? We've talked about moving away before, to a more populated, developed city type area, but that's a long ways off and it'd be nice to be financially stable first.

From one guy on my route who used to be unemployable to employable about six months later I inquired as to what he changed since his whole attitude changed. His first thing was he thanked me for info on Dave Ramsey (I was listening to my iPod and he asked what I was listening to...just gotinto converstation)

He had told me that after they started to look at their budget and money had rules to it and every dollar had a name he was able to relaxa bit. In relaxing he was able to present a much more...hopeful outlook to employers and thats how he landed his job. He still had to search for it but he said that his boss hired him because he was the only onewho didn't look so anxious that if he didn't get the job he would be ruined.

Sure the job is only being a school janitor part time at min wage but his kids are able to do day care at a reduced rate and he can see them through out the day. It's not what either parent wanted but it will hold them until a better job comes along.

Comment

Working...
    X