Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regrets, frustration and face palming (Long) (picture)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regrets, frustration and face palming (Long) (picture)

Bit of Background information first, skip this if you have a basic understanding of the XB360

The Xb360 came in 3 different basic models.

The Original - Arcade, pro & Elite. These have external hard drives, no wi-fi connection built in, and frequently do not have a port for HDMI.

The Slim Built to output more power (kinect ready) these also had built in wi-fi, a different AC cord and were hdmi and component compatible. They also have an internal hard drive.
    The E The least known about model, this one came out the same year as the xbox one. I jokingly think that it was designed to fool non-gamers buying for gamers. It is very quiet, and is hdmi and component compatible, has built in wi-fi and an internal hard drive. They are occasionally known as the super slim, despite being slightly fatter than the slim.

They look like this :

*MOD EDIT - Images resized out of courtsy to others. Click on images to enlarge.

Thanks for sitting through the brief explanation, it'll make sense in a moment.

Me:
    D- Store Manager
    Z- ASM -EXTREMELY NEW
    A - GameStore 2 manager
    S - GameStore 2 ASM, friends with Z
    R - Gamestore 3 employee.
    W - Drunk Sucktomer

You know it's going to be a fun one when 3 stores are involved....

Me - currently working by self, R doesn't clock in for another 30 min, but is in the back room. Customer comes in, comes immediately up to desk, can smell alcohol on his breath when he speaks. This isn't that unusual, as fortunately/unfortunately there are 3 bars, a comedy club, a Pub, and various restaurants including the theater that sell alcohol, plus the fact that at our mall, people live here. Drunk customers aren't frequent, but not something to blink at, especially during the season.

W: "Hey, so I was at GameStore 2, and I had to return a cable, they looked it up and called over here to have the right one held. They put the return on this card, said it would cover the same amount." *waves gift card*, says happy birthday on it. ((This is kinda odd, as we usually use just basic black ones for returns but whatever)
    Me: "Ok, I'll go get that for you." I go over to the hold drawer, and there are no cables in there. No cable shaped objects, in fact, no accessories whatsoever. Z has been working this morning, and I haven't gotten any phone calls since I clocked on about an hour ago, so I figure he forgot to pull it, being new. "Do you know what cable it was?"
    W: "Yeah, it was a component cable to the Xb360 elite. "
    Me: "Ok, the one with no wi-fi compatibility, hard drive on the outside?"
    W: "Yeah, the elite."
    Me: "Ok, let me go get that for you." so I go grab the xb360 component cables. For those who don't know, they look like this.

W: "No, no man, I need the one with the hole in the back. You know, to put things in..."
    Me: "Do you mean an override cable for headsets?"
    W: "no, you know... component cables that split into red, yellow and green! With the hole in the back, for the Xb360 elite!"
    Me: "I'm not sure what exactly you mean sir."
    W: "They told me your store was the only one who had them! You know, there's the spot where you put your power cord, your hdmi and then the component cord, I need that one!"
    Me: "One moment, I'm not sure exactly what you mean, I'm going to call the store who helped you. You said it was "Store 2" ?"
    W: "Yeah, Store 2, on 2 Street!" So I call Store 2
    A: -traditional GameStore greeting-
    Me: "Hello, A, did you have a customer you sent over to us for a component cable?"
    A: "No, I don't think so, it's been pretty dead over here all night and I'm the only one in right now. S was in earlier though, perhaps he called?"
    Me: "That's a possibility, Z was in, and the two of them know each other."
    A: "Yeah, S said he was talking to Z, so it must have been earlier, I don't know the cable you're talking about though, sorry."
    Me: "No worries." hang up, turn to W "So when you went to Store 2, was it earlier?"
    W: "No, it was like 15 minutes ago!"
    Me: "There hasn't been any calls for over thirty minutes from other stores."
    W: "That guy said he'd call!"
    Me: "It was a guy you talked to? A is the only one over at Store2 at the moment, and she's a woman." (And, just in case, also completely obvious female, and identifies as female.)
    W: "I definitely talked to a guy! Maybe it wasn't Store 2. You know, it was the one on that street you get when you drive away from here!"
    Me: "The street you get when you drive away from here." (so... every gamestop in the continental US and Alaska? You've effectively narrowed it down from 100% of our stores to our stores not in Guam, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin islands.
    W: "You know, on *names street that no Gamestore is on* well, not on that street, but you go through it to get to it. It's by the train tracks!"
    Me: "I'm still not sure what store you're talking about sir, is it in a mall, or a strip mall?"
    W: "Neither,it's by itself, except there's an Auldi's nearby!" (Note that this describes literally no GameStore I've ever been in."
    Me: "Sir, I'm afraid I still don't know where it is."
    W: "How can you be a GameStore employee and not know where your other locations are!"
    Me: "Well sir, I work at a GameStore, I don't really need to go to others..." *snark slipping through, I am now peeved*
    W: "I just need an HDMI that splits into component endings!"
    Me: (WTF. There is no such thing) "Do you need an HDMI instead of component...?"
    W: "No, I need one with a round hole in the back."
    Me: *now reaching* "A fiber optics cable?" (we have a grand total of one customer who uses em, so we have carried them in the past, but no longer do)
    W: "Yes!"
    Me: *shows picture of fiber optics cable*
    W: "No! I need a component cable with a hole in the back for it to go in the hole!That dude said you had one!" waves receipt. "He called here! Can't you scan this and see?"
    Me: "No, but I can at the very least see what store you were at." Looks at receipt, for Store 3 on completely different street, part of a shopping center, nowhere near an Auldi. I will give him this though, it is vaguely near the train tracks and on a street you can get to by driving away from our store. So I call them.
    R: "GameStore Greeting!"
    Me: "Hi, R. You sent someone our way?"
    R: "Huh? I don't remember... oh wait, you mean that guy with the cable?"
    Me: "Yes, that guy with the cable. What is he looking for?"
    R: "I'm pretty sure he's looking for an E model component cable."
    Me: "Are you sure? He told me Elite."
    R: "Yeah, he keeps insisting it is."
    Me: "Ok, let's see if it works... out of curiosity, did he have you call over?"
    R: "No, he insisted on returning the cable, found out you had it and ran out when I offered to call."
    Me: "Ok. Thanks." *retrieves cable, brings it over.* "Ok. This is the E model component cable. It only works with the E model XB360 with internal hard drive and built in wi-fi, it will not work with the ELITE model of the 360. It is not an HDMI cord, and splits into Red, Yellow and White." I admit, I was kinda in a mood by this point. "Now, is this what you need?"
    W: Stares at it for a few moments. "Uh.... I think so...?"
    Me: "Ok." *rings him up*
    So what does this mythical cable look like?

Yaaaay. The regret was not calling security on a possible drunk driver, but I didn't think of that until thirty minutes later.
    Last edited by Ree; 12-14-2015, 11:42 AM. Reason: fixed tags
    Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
    Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
    -Unknown Author

Wow....just....wow

Comment

I think my head just broke. I've got a couple of those cables laying about, he could've had one for free...
      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

I seem to recall a "chunky" cord like that (second pic) having a hole to insert a "thick stereo" male plug into, but I've never actually seen a 360 AV cord that looks like that before o_O

And here I thought the weirdest 360 cord I'd seen was the 10~12-foot RGB cable I picked up from a garage sale some years back...
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
          I think my head just broke. I've got a couple of those cables laying about, he could've had one for free...
          Most gamers who spend money on a fancy videogame system these days want it to look a bit better than the quality provided by that. Plus the fact that HDMI has become the defacto standard for everything video to plugin to.
          Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

Quoth MrSmiley View Post
            Most gamers who spend money on a fancy videogame system these days want it to look a bit better than the quality provided by that. Plus the fact that HDMI has become the defacto standard for everything video to plugin to.
            Look better and in the case of some games... just plain out be able to read the text.
            Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
            Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
            -Unknown Author

Comment

Working...
            X