Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to buy ours this year, but remembered when I was shopping on the 2nd of Dec. I scored them for 75c each! WOOHOO!! Christmas made!
    "You're perfect yes it's true, but without meeeee you're only you!"

Comment

Or do what I do and still use the one from your childhood. Yes it's a fabric advent calendar, yes it's older then dirt at this point, yes I'm in my thirties, but it's still tradition to use it every Christmas.
      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
        Or do what I do and still use the one from your childhood. Yes it's a fabric advent calendar, yes it's older then dirt at this point, yes I'm in my thirties, but it's still tradition to use it every Christmas.
        This is what I do too. I much prefer reusable ones anyway. Ours is currently a set of blocks (more of a countdown set than a true Advent Calendar, but whatever), and my mom had one she'd made when I was a kid that involved those teeny tiny ornaments hanging from buttons on a wall hanging of a Christmas tree. I tend to like them much better than the cardstock ones with the chocolates.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

advent calendar

That is just weird to me. Since I don't do Christmas I had to look up 'advent calendar' and the Wiki page says it can start from November 27 to Dec 3 with most just starting on December 1.

Based on that, why would anyone be buying them later in the month? In-fact why would you not have bought by mid-November to able to fully use it? If you buy one late you don't get the full benefit.

I just realize where I was, do SCs demand a discount when trying to buy an advent calendar in the middle of December since it can only be partly used for it's original purpose?

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
            Based on that, why would anyone be buying them later in the month? In-fact why would you not have bought by mid-November to able to fully use it? If you buy one late you don't get the full benefit.
            That depends on why they are buying them. If they are after the contents of the calendar and don't care about the advent aspect, it makes sense to buy them later and get them cheaper.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
            X