Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sickbay

Closed Thread

Teeth?
Old 11-19-2016, 10:30 PM
Resident dyheli wrangler...

Default Teeth?

I had an emergency dental appointment yesterday to deal with a horrible toothache. But that's not what this post is about :P

I finally have my new benefits plan in place with my current employer, and while I have to pay more out of pocket, this plan actually has some coverage for dentures. So, once my problem tooth was dealt with I had a chat with my dentist about my new coverage...and we're getting the pre-authorization paperwork sent in to start the process of getting my top plate done!

I will still have to pay a portion of the cost, but it is better than having to pay it all like I would have had to under my old plan. I'll be getting the approximate out-of-pocket cost once I get back the authorization from my plan administrator, and I'm hoping that the amount I've gotten so far thanks to generous folks will cover my OOP for the top plate.

I'm actually rather excited about finally not having to be ashamed of smiling! I think the only thing I'm not looking forward to is when the impression of my teeth is done because I have a very strong gag reflex, and I've been warned that it might be triggered. Bleh. But teeth!!!!

Old 11-20-2016, 06:38 PM
Store Manager

You are going to be so happy when you get your new teeth. It's a huge confidence builder. I got full uppers and a partial lower a couple years ago. It was a long process but so worth it. It sounds like you only need uppers so it shouldn't be quite as tedious for you. Good luck and I hope everything works out with the insurance.

Old 11-20-2016, 07:11 PM
RVT

The impression IS obnoxious as hell..... But, it's pretty fast. Don't go in with a full belly.

Old 11-24-2016, 05:59 AM
I need a life

^ Does that happen with a crown mold, too? I need to get one done.

Old 11-24-2016, 07:35 AM
Senior Stuff Do'er

*Apparently* clenching your left hand into a fist helps suppress your gag relfex. Never tried it, so not sure of it's efficacy.

Old 11-24-2016, 01:05 PM
Resident dyheli wrangler...

It never hurts to try, so I'll give it whirls when the time comes. Either way, I'll put up with it because it will mean I have a decent smile again

Old 03-03-2017, 09:51 AM
Area Manager

Hear ya. I have a toothache and all the symptoms of an abscess. Going to try to get into the dentist tomorrow (missing work too...grumble). After I have him yank this thing (he's botched a root canal twice but seems to be ok with extractions, he did another of my molars and that was fine) I am done with him and finding someone else.

Old 03-03-2017, 06:13 PM
Area Manager

My sympathy is all you could want, considering that the day before yesterday I got a tooth removed by a dental surgeon because it somehow got absorbed by my body and had ended up as an enamel shell with broken roots.
An interesting experience and I admire the man's skill. He got everything including five stitches done in twenty minutes and the day after, the incision was almost painless.
I'd rather not do it again, though.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:19 AM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth Food Lady View Post
^ Does that happen with a crown mold, too? I need to get one done.
if they need an impression yes because its on a plate thing I had to do impressions for my retainers one of witch went MIA years ago and the bottom is still in place lol.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:24 AM
Area Manager

I managed to be stupid and dislodged the blood clot from a molar extraction. I had raw bone exposed to air. Felt like someone was sticking an ice pick in my jaw. Fortunately poking around made it bleed and a new clot formed. It still hurts but the hole is closing and I don't have to take 1000mg of tylenol and 500mg of ibuprofen every few hours.