This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some kids....and their sucky 'parents.'

FTR, I have nothing against kids. I love kids for the most part and have a 5 year old, myself, however, said five year old would be knocked back into her senses if she behaved even remotely like this!

I get to work yesterday and there are two families there that have decided to park themselves right between my dept (lingerie) and the jewelry dept.

There were 4-5 kids and not a single one of them were behaving. As the parents stood there for well over an hour, talking, their kids were climbing up on displays, crawling all over the place, knocking things off the shelves/ racks, etc.... Several other customers complained to me about them. I finally called my manager but it took a bit for her to make it over there. They finally leave, thank god!

Second story. Older teen boys. In the lingerie dept. They are shopping with their parents, poking at things, making crude comments, etc. Then one of them holds up a pair of underwear and ask me if I wear those. Dad LAUGHS. Mom does not even blink. I checked her out, speaking as little as I possibly could and was visibly pissed off. I then left and hunted the manager down to tell her what happened in case they complained to her.

This pisses me off. I would be horrified if my son had said such a thing to a stranger (or someone he actually knew). He would certainty get the run down right then and there about proper respect and be made to apologize...oh wait....I would have taught him LONG before then about proper respect.

Sometimes, I feel like one of the few parents who actually make an effort.

Hell, even as an adult, I'd expect mature behavior in a lingerie store. I prefer to not have a man with me when I go to Vicky's, but nonetheless, if I ever went there with a guy and he acted that way, he'd be erased like a bad rough draft.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I think most guys would rather be somewhere having forks shoved into their eyeballs than having to shop with their wife/girlfriend/mom in the lingerie dept. I usually send my husband off somewhere else. It isn't like he actually cares what I get. In fact, i do most of my shopping alone as I know men would just rather not be drug through the mall.

Of course, he knows how to behave himself. His mama raised him right and he knows I'll knock his block off.

Comment

They re-did the Vicky's around here, and I think it's too much for most men. Either they have to carry a large notebook with them because of all the pictures of Heidi, Gisele and Adrianna around, or the scary mannequins that appear to be wearing makeup, or the overwhelming smell of all their fragrances and beauty essentials, all of those are enough to send a man into crazy mode.

Comment

It's just underwear! I don't care how it's packaged to look-underwear is underwear. So if a bunch of kids or even a few clueless men make crude remarks then they have no businesss being in that part of that store or even in Victoria's Secret.
          So if a guy doesn't feel weird about seeing his girlfriend or wife in her underwear then why should he make a spectacle of himself in the lingerie dept? & if he's acting that way then he has a lot more issues than just acting stupid around a bunch of underwear.

Comment

I can't promise I wouldn't act the same way around suppositories and jock straps.

Comment

I actually have not been to a vicky's in a long time. Their stuff is just way over priced. I doubt my husband would even step foot in there.

Comment

Damn..good parenting is now a rarity.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth retaildrone View Post
                  It isn't like he actually cares what I get. .
                  And why should he? Lengerie is just giftwrapping the candy.

Comment

Both my boys would rather have their nails ripped out than to go with me to buy lingerie. They would be mortified to be seen with me.

My husband likes to go with me to buy lingerie, but he behaves himself.

Now, if my boys were with me, they sure as heck wouldn't say something so inappropriate to a stranger. My husband or I would bring the wrath down and apologize for their stupidity to the saleslady.

I can not believe what some parents let their children get away with, thinking it's "cute". It's not cute.
                    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

If that guy talks like that to STRANGERS, it makes me wonder what he says to family.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

The husband and I are backward.

I hate shopping, he loves it.

Hell, he's the one walking into lingerie stores buying me presents while I high tail it to the nearest hardware section to stare at all the pretty toys. There, I proceed to drool over the wonderfull tools and bitch when I get dragged away.

"But.. I want the power drill because I'm tired of borrowing H's! Look, it even comes with its own bit set!"

[/off topic]

I've gotten into arguments with my brother on the behavior of his kids while shopping. Whenever HE is around, they just act up like monkeys (he spoiles them rotten). I'm not afraid to discipline the brats and you're sure as hell my own won't be so damned rude either.
                        "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

If I am seeing someone, and they decide to buy lingerie-I will go too. And like what was said earlier, it is only gift wrapping the candy. But then again, I do have manners and respect for others.
                          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                            And why should he? Lengerie is just giftwrapping the candy.
                            That is close to what he says. LOL.

Misanthropical Well, you are a parent and not a 'friend.'
                            Last edited by Ree; 01-21-2008, 05:21 AM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts

Comment

OMG, other than my mother would have never gone lingerie shopping and taken me with her... but if she did and I pulled a stunt like that I would NOT be posting on this board because I would be dead.
                              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                              X