This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth EricKei View Post
    Regarding the c-store stop -- I've never heard of a taxi company that does NOT charge for "idle time;" if she didn't know that, sorry - your problem, not yours. Wouldn't surprise me if that whopping big extra dollar fifty was the major issue on any complaint she sent in (HE DIDN'T WARN ME ABOUT IT!!1one! THAT MEANS HE SHOULD HAVE COMPED IT")
    There was one time I didn't get charged for idle time in a cab - he had to stop to refuel on the way. I suspect that is VERY rare in most places, as cabbies don't normally like to keep their customers waiting like that.
    Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

That would depend on the cabbie, but if it happened to me (as the driver) I'd be likely to comp the passenger a significant amount (and yes, pause the meter). The only time I've come close was when I brain-farted and accepted a call while I was on my way to the gas station. (When I finally did gas up, the van estimated I had 6 miles until empty. I prefer not to cut things anywhere near that close.)

But yes, as far as I know, pretty much every cab, whether it's part of a company or an individual owner/op, charges for waiting time. This is one of the reasons why our voucher calls (where someone other than the passenger pays for the trip) never include multiple stops: we don't get paid to wait.
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
      OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
      she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
      Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Working...
      X