Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brrrrrr! (plus, I'm thankful for past jobs).

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, all of that, except we've been selling lots of pajamas. And sweaters.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

This month so far we've had snow and a heat wave...

Several mornings earlier this month it snowed at higher elevations. Last week was an official heat wave with temps not dropping below a certain point. On Saturday it got up to high 30's C. We've had a couple of serious bush fires, and several grazier alerts for ice and frost.

Gotta love living on an island stuck between Antarctica and the great hot Australian mainland...

Comment

This morning was -4 F (-20 C) with windchill, but I didn't notice any wind when I left (though there was some at the other end of the commute) and it didn't feel that cold. I had serious thoughts of calling a cab but that's just too expensive. I did steal Hubby's "trapper" hat (the furry one with the ear flaps) and wore several layers. I did OK, hung out in the elevator at the light rail station waiting for the bus to come (it's at least out of the weather) but I need something to keep my glasses from fogging up with I wear a scarf over my lower face. Today I figured out when I'd have to leave so I can transfer trains at Union Station. The bus concourse isn't far away and it's indoors.
        Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 12-26-2015, 06:03 PM.
        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
        X