X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay $0.00 Or we Foreclose!

More Bank Of America hilarity:
    http://consumerist.com/2011/06/bank-...-000-asap.html

That looks like a pretty standard pre-foreclosure letter to me, other than the amount owing. I want to point out the dates in the letter: the ($0) late payment was due for 12/01/2010, the letter was mailed 01/05/2011, and the borrower had until 02/04/2011 to "cure the default." That means that when the letter was printed, his 01/01/2011 payment was also due. I'm not saying that should be a reason for a pre-foreclosure letter, but rather I think that making the next month's payment should correct the error.

Either way, talking to the bank should be enough to correct the error, and apparently it was. And despite what the article claims, this shouldn't cause any dings on his credit. The 30-day late can be corrected by BofA so that it doesn't show on his credit report, and foreclosures don't show up until they're actually filed.

Still, does no one at BofA review the letters before putting them in the mail?
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

BofA fail! I would've expected this from another mortgage company or bank on a smaller scale, but BofA?! Wow, that's epic fail.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Not as big a fail as Bank of America here in Naples being foreclosed on by a fed up customer.

Apologies if this duplicates another post.
        "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Bank of America has quite a few major failures:

Short sale fail

Refusing to credit a payment

Losin a payment

Foreclosing when the loan was, in fact, current

Hounding the wrong person for a payment

Forclosing on a house that never had a mortgage

Face it BofA is run by some serious pieces of work. Heaven only knows why the Justice Department hasn't shut them down.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
          X