This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Compliments

Background: A couple weeks ago, I had some of my monetary Christmas presents in hand, so decided I should update my wardrobe. One of my sister's friends volunteered, and long story short, most of my wardrobe ended up in a donation box. I have a tiny, interchangable, much more flattering wardrobe now, and the ability to put on eyeliner.

Today, Bossman and Sup were having meetings with myself, ExecAdmin, and OtherClerk to discuss our job discriptions and changes that would be made next year.

At the end, Bossman told me he was impressed with my new look and now he and Sup felt bad that I was stuck in the back room.

Not in a creepy way. He only felt okay saying that at all because Sup was in there. Just a compliment. Which I like. ^^
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Never met a young lady that didn't like compliments
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Ooh! Can we have before and after pics??
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
        Ooh! Can we have before and after pics??
        I second that.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I haven't gotten the pics yet. I will be seeing her in a couple weeks, and intend to bring a flash drive, so I'll have some then.
          "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
            Background: A couple weeks ago, I had some of my monetary Christmas presents in hand, so decided I should update my wardrobe. One of my sister's friends volunteered, and long story short, most of my wardrobe ended up in a donation box. I have a tiny, interchangable, much more flattering wardrobe now, and the ability to put on eyeliner.

Today, Bossman and Sup were having meetings with myself, ExecAdmin, and OtherClerk to discuss our job discriptions and changes that would be made next year.

At the end, Bossman told me he was impressed with my new look and now he and Sup felt bad that I was stuck in the back room.

Not in a creepy way. He only felt okay saying that at all because Sup was in there. Just a compliment. Which I like. ^^
            They always used to say, dress for the job you want, not the job you have because it helps bosses envision you in a better position (ok, I don't think I said that quite right, but you know what I mean - if everyone at your level job wears jeans but those just above you wear slacks and shirts, then wear the better outfit. Though I wouldn't suggest that plan for anyone in the military

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Working...
            X