X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pump allows you to pump gas and pay afterwards

Catch is, you have swipe your driver's license first
    And you're welcome (in regards to my avatar).

The only thing I see that needs improvement is the reader. Those are ones that can be skimmed easy.
    "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

I'll keep doing the old fashioned way with my debit card or cash, tyvm.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quik Trip has a pump start card that is linked to Drivers License but is a different card.
        Meeeeoooow.....
        Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

In here,you pump, pay and go on Your merry way... Just be honest Natoon you don't need no prepaid systems!

Comment

I can see a BIG flaw with this system - and it's one that the designers should have anticipated.

"Cloned" cards (i.e. from skimmers) are already a known problem for credit and debit card systems. What happens when someone puts a skimmer on one of these, then copies the info onto any card with a magnetic strip (expired credit card, etc.)? They can swipe that card as a "driver's license", then pull a drive-off, and the poor sucker whose info they stole gets the blame.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
              I'll keep doing the old fashioned way with my debit card or cash, tyvm.
              I'll keep doing it the older fashioned way and have other people pump it for me

/lives in NJ
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

and... i'm surprised no one has mentioned this one yet...

stolen licenses.

so now... i can steal a license AND get free gas?

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  and... i'm surprised no one has mentioned this one yet...

stolen licenses.
                  I'd consider "skimmed" licenses to be worse than stolen (see my earlier post), because the owner of the license would still have it in their possession, and might not realize that there was a problem until the police show up to question them about drive-offs. If the physical license is stolen, it's likely to be reported in short order, since the owner no longer has it, and needs to get a new one issued.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

good point.

I forgot about my old license from NY. It was RFID ... but that's also why I kept it in the metallic sheath it came in. The new one from KY is just a regular card.

Comment

Working...
                    X