This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody ever used Office 365?

It's a Microsoft program for university students ... I bought it and (after considerable struggle and a lengthy help session with Microsoft techies) got it installed in my Mac. I had used the Word part and it seemed to be OK.

Tonight I tried to open the Powerpoint function ... and it's telling me (if I'm understanding it correctly) to go through the whole activation process again ... sign in with u/n and password and so on.

Is this something I'll have to do every time I want to use a function? I had thought that once I activated it the first time, that would be it -- I could just open Word, Powerpoint, Excel or Outlook and do whatever.

Thanks.

I think you have to do that for every individual program in the bundle. It's annoying as all get out.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
      It's a Microsoft program for university students ... I bought it and (after considerable struggle and a lengthy help session with Microsoft techies) got it installed in my Mac. I had used the Word part and it seemed to be OK.

Tonight I tried to open the Powerpoint function ... and it's telling me (if I'm understanding it correctly) to go through the whole activation process again ... sign in with u/n and password and so on.

Is this something I'll have to do every time I want to use a function? I had thought that once I activated it the first time, that would be it -- I could just open Word, Powerpoint, Excel or Outlook and do whatever.

Thanks.
      If you're going to a university right now, you might want to check with them and see if they are in Microsoft's "DreamSpark" program. You don't even have to worry about "Office 365". You can actually download Office 2012 (or 2013), and use that.

It's great, really. I'm taking classes through a university online, and the university participates in the DreamSpark program. It's free, and you can download all you want from their site (well, whatever is available to your university). You have to re-register with DreamSpark every semester, but it's free to sign up and download the software. I have a PC, so I don't know if they actually support Mac software on DreamSpark, though. You'd have to ask.

Of course, I don't know if any of this applies if you're not in a university in the U.S., so you might want to check.
      Last edited by mjr; 11-25-2013, 01:20 PM.
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
      X