This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petrol Station Suck

I moved over from the supermarket to the petrol station; yay! And to a different type of suck. ^^

Father Of The Year.

This winner let his little twin girls hold the petrol hose and put it in the van. FAIL. I did not authorise it, as you are not allowed to pump petrol til you are 16. Father Of The Year just stood there watching them. He gave me a nasty look first, and when I still did not press the magic button to allow the petrol to flow, stormed inside. Yep, leaving his kids behind. I then had to explain in simplistic terms exactly why I hadn't authorised his petrol, and that he had to pump the petrol, not his girls. He said it was a stupid rule, and he was there to supervise them. I said it was the law, and I was not going to allow the petrol to flow til he took hold of the hose. Father Of The Year eventually stomped outside, took the hose from his girls and put it in the van. Final-bloody-ly. He also gave me an attitude when he came to pay; what a wonderful example he's setting to his daughters!
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Sheesh. is it me or is the world going ass backwards with parents acting like their children's age?
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Yes, lets have my children handle a highly flammable, toxic, and carcinogenic fluid.

Accidents never happen you know.

I've had the nozzle end just pop off one hose on me while pumping... covered me in gas instantly. Turned off the pump (in less than a second) and yelled "Nobody light a match!" Amazing how fast you can move when properly motivated!
      *There is no greater gift than to be reborn with every heartbeat*
      *Grudges should only be held for as long as it takes to deliver a proper vengence!*

Comment

Right ... and the fumes probably wouldn't be harmful to them either ...

What if one of the girls had been unknowingly carrying a static charge? It would have most certainly been the gas/petrol station's fault for ..... erm ... allowing injury to happen to a young child ...
        This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

People would let their kids pump gas at the gas station I worked at. There were lots of spills. And naturally, the parents would throw a fit and refuse to pay for what they spilled. I'd just say "Bring it up with the owner, I can't do refunds."

Or some idiot on a cell phone would wander away and gallons of gas would over flow....
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I actually used to love to pump gas when I was a kid (29 now). But my dad wouldn't let me do it till the nozzle was already in the opening, so all I did was hold the handle, but it was till fun.
            Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

Comment

yep. sure he was "guiding" them but if something had gone wrong and they got hurt... he'd just blame you for letting him do it

Comment

A Toronto Propane station just blew up. One firefighter confirmed dead. Reports have the blast blowing doors off of neighbors doorways...

And people want their kids to mess with this stuff?
                *There is no greater gift than to be reborn with every heartbeat*
                *Grudges should only be held for as long as it takes to deliver a proper vengence!*

Comment

We just opened our gas pumps almost a month ago. I havent gotten that one yet but have you gotten the ones that move the cones off the brocken pumps then run inside to yell at you becuse its not working. One thing Im glad for we no longer authorize first its pay first no exceptions. Way to many drive offs!

Comment

I think I was 14 or 15 the first time I pumped gas. Dad wouldn't teach me to drive until I was capable of pumping gas, changing a tire, and checking fluids. By the time I was 16 and took my test, he'd also taught me how to change the oil and air filter. (Not that I ever actually do those myself...but I could.) And I learned to drive both a standard and an automatic. Took my test in a standard, actually.

Dad considered all of those necessary skills for owning a car...so I can come up with reasons why he initially let his girls do it. Or maybe they asked and he thought 'why not, what could happen with me there?'

The attitude, though? Totally uncalled for.
                    It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

It's actually against the law I think; plus on every single pump it says that under 16s are not allowed to pump the petrol. Same goes with the anti mobile law; you may think it's safe, but it's the law. No arguing with that... tho, as shows by this story, some do. XD
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                        It's actually against the law I think; plus on every single pump it says that under 16s are not allowed to pump the petrol. Same goes with the anti mobile law; you may think it's safe, but it's the law. No arguing with that... tho, as shows by this story, some do. XD
                        It makes sense. If you can't drive it, you can't fill it.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                          I moved over from the supermarket to the petrol station; yay! And to a different type of suck. ^^

Father Of The Year.

This winner let his little twin girls hold the petrol hose and put it in the van. FAIL. I did not authorise it, as you are not allowed to pump petrol til you are 16. Father Of The Year just stood there watching them. He gave me a nasty look first, and when I still did not press the magic button to allow the petrol to flow, stormed inside. Yep, leaving his kids behind. I then had to explain in simplistic terms exactly why I hadn't authorised his petrol, and that he had to pump the petrol, not his girls. He said it was a stupid rule, and he was there to supervise them. I said it was the law, and I was not going to allow the petrol to flow til he took hold of the hose. Father Of The Year eventually stomped outside, took the hose from his girls and put it in the van. Final-bloody-ly. He also gave me an attitude when he came to pay; what a wonderful example he's setting to his daughters!
                          At the gas station I used to work at a 4 year old got gas sprayed in her face because of this. We had the same rules, the attendant working couldn't see this happening or else she would have stopped it, but wow, some people. Same thing for those people who think it's okay to stretch the hose around their car if they park the wrong way, just, no. And they get mad if you tell them to turn their car around. *shakes head*
                          “Bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste.”

-Charles Bukowski

Comment

I used to work at a site that had some automatic pumps (that switch on whenever you lift the handle, nobody has to authorise it inside... it gets the customers through quicker but leads to nasty incidents)...

SC and child (no older than 4) come into the store reeking of petrol. SC: "I'm teaching him about cars, he did a good job until he pulled it out and waved it around..."

Alarmed, I rang the bell to get the manager out of her office. The manager rushed the kid and SC into the bathrooms and started cleaning them up, the trainee took over the register and I went outside to clean up the spill. Several times, the SC asked what the big deal was.

It's a complete mystery how some people manage to survive.

Comment

Jeez... if that guy had lit up a smoke in the car... bloody hell! O.o
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                              X