X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RM: Google says it is, so it must be true! ^_^

https://www.google.com/search?q=what...utf-8&oe=utf-8
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth VComps View Post
      Well they're not REALLY mice, they're actually hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional beings. (Which actually explains a lot about Brain. Pinky, not so much.)
      Just remember, for everyone who is X points above the curve, you need at least 1 person to be X points below the curve to balance things out. Hence, Pinky.

Though really, some could argue Pinky was genius in his own ways too.

(And to make you feel old... Their show is over 20 years old now. *shakes his walking stick* )

Comment

There is at least one fan theory that claims that Pinky is the genius, and Brain, the insane one -- and, let's face it, Brain certainly qualifies as both. IIRC, it says that Pinky is running Brain through the motions, but intentionally throws a wrench in the works *every single time*, for the sake of the planet. In other words: he's a plant, he is only pretending to be an idiot, and his job is to prevent Brain from succeeding.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          There is at least one fan theory that claims that Pinky is the genius, and Brain, the insane one -- and, let's face it, Brain certainly qualifies as both. IIRC, it says that Pinky is running Brain through the motions, but intentionally throws a wrench in the works *every single time*, for the sake of the planet. In other words: he's a plant, he is only pretending to be an idiot, and his job is to prevent Brain from succeeding.
          My god.. it's brilliant in its simplicity!

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            RM: Google says it is, so it must be true! ^_^

https://www.google.com/search?q=what...utf-8&oe=utf-8
            Well there IS another answer ****nudge nudge Wink wink know what I mean******
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              I've never understood why people who are already shopping somewhere incredibly inexpensive, insist on trying to get those prices lowered even further. Those same people, especially if they're wealthy, will often have no problem with spending ten times as much at a "normal" store.
              Well, how do you expect them to afford that second (or third) Mercedes?
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                They will play the annoying remnant game. This is when a person knows our policy about remnants, (remnants are a yard or less, usually offered at 50% off, if there is extra on the bolt) and then makes me measure the fabric ("how much is left on the bolt?") and if there is 1.75 yards they will say "I'll take a yard and the remnant." So I have to do it, even though the point of offering remnants is so that customers will buy the EXTRA and the store won't end up with little pieces of fabric. It's funny, because if someone is nice I will actually offer this without them asking. I helped the lady who started this cool local charity and she was so nice that I gave her every discount I could without getting in trouble. It's the ones who feel like they need to play the system, and want to donate stuff without actually paying any money.
                I hope that I did the quote stuff right.

I have to ask, did you do it as they said? Cut the yard for them then sell them the remnant?

Comment

Quoth Shannarah View Post
                  I have to ask, did you do it as they said? Cut the yard for them then sell them the remnant?
                  Well, I don't cut the remnant off, it all stays in one piece, but they do get the discount on the remnant. So they get what they want. It's really a murky area, honestly. Because the way the policy goes, this is how the conversation should happen:

Customer: Hi, I'd like a yard please.
                  Me: Okay, it looks like there's an extra half yard on this bolt. Would you like it at half off the current price?
                  Customer: Oh, sure. (or No, thanks.)

Simple, right? Hahaha.

This is what I get:

SC: How much is on here?
                  Me: A yard and six inches, will that work okay?
                  SC: I will take six inches, and I want the yard as a remnant.
                  Me: *sigh*

Technically what they are doing is not against policy. However, you can see how they are playing the system, right? Remnants are supposed to be sold at a discount to save the store from having ends of bolts piling up. The only time I offer a whole piece of fabric as a remnant is if it is already less than a yard, because it should have already been in the remnant bin. I guess I just hate that smug smirk people get when they do this on a whole cart load of fabric, each time calculating to the inch how much they "want" in order to con their way into discounts that normal customers wouldn't get.
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                    Technically what they are doing is not against policy. However, you can see how they are playing the system, right? Remnants are supposed to be sold at a discount to save the store from having ends of bolts piling up. The only time I offer a whole piece of fabric as a remnant is if it is already less than a yard, because it should have already been in the remnant bin. I guess I just hate that smug smirk people get when they do this on a whole cart load of fabric, each time calculating to the inch how much they "want" in order to con their way into discounts that normal customers wouldn't get.
                    It's a shame you can't make them tell how much they want first before you will measure it. "Sorry sc I need to know how much you want before I can measure it, it's company policy." But corporate would never go for it.
                    Last edited by EricKei; 09-23-2016, 12:24 AM. Reason: snip

Comment

Any possibility of having a policy that to get remnant pricing on the remainder (I gather that "remnant" means a piece under a yard) they must buy a minimum of one yard?
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X