Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "just what I've got in baggage claim and the pack. Who do I talk to about getting my computer shipped here?"

Comment

• "knowing her, its probably being shipped here already, and should arrive in less then a week. I read the profile on you....your one of those gamers aren't you?"
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Producing a d20 from his pocket, Josiah asked, "What was your first clue, Agent Samara?"

Comment

• "Just Samara, I'm to tired to handle formalities tonight. just finished a case in New Mexico, couldn';t get a return flight for 2 days so me and my partner drove home in 28 hours. but since I'm up I may as well eat...you hungry?"
          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• "Yes, actually. You guys haven't got a Pals out here, have you?"

Comment

• She blinks slowly at him, "A what? naw theres a little diner not far from here makes the best food you ever tasted. We've rented you a car short term, if you deciede to stay with the warehouse we'll find you something a little more permanant. If you don't mind me driving might be a bit faster then giving you directions."

she helps him with his luggage, suprisingly strong for so slight a woman, she standing barely 5' 3" and make 100 pounds soaking wet.

"Few rules...the warehouse is a job...you are mostly on call otherwise you can be left to your own devices. be prepared to need to leave with sometimes little more then a 5 minute notice. Your room and board is covered through Leena's, but please refrain from bragging to your buddies online that you work for us....anything they'll find, short of a direct hack, will show us as an IRS tax form storage warehouse."

Shes talking as she drives, asking him small talk questions (parents, family, interests, etc.) before pulling into a little hole in the wall diner, and getting out.

Comment

• Soon, Josiah is refusing to answer her questions, hoping against all odds that she'll just shut up. At the diner, however, he orders less than $10 of food and eats it in the car.
                "Can we just get there, please?"

Comment

• She sighs and orders only 3 burgers, a large fry and a milkshake.

"Antisocial behavior is vaguely acceptable here. You will be asigned a partner one day and that person has to know that you have their back."

She gets into the car and drives in total silence the entire trip. 20 minutes later they are pulling up infront of the bed and breakfast, she stopping, getting out, grabbing his suitcase and carrying it inside.

Comment

• As he followed her inside, Josiah rolled his eyes, "Feds. You just want some peace and quiet after having been on a plane for ten hours with eight new mothers and their squawling brats who should have been smothered at birth, and they think you're anti-social."

Comment

• "not my fault Mrs Fredricks doesn't fly anyone first class anymore..."

She raises her voice slightly, "Ted, you here?"

"Your room is just up here, meals are kinda on your own. Bathrooms are shared and at the end of the hall and down stairs. Laundry is in the basement...Leena keeps a well stocked house here, but if you have any special needs or requirements just let her know."

Samara wanders off still drinking her milkshake looking for ted ((if hes around Mytical :P))

Comment

• Ted is doing what any archeologist around would do if given access to the warehouse. He is studying up on the artifacts one by one. Reading everything he can get his hands on, making his own catalog as it were. Nothing fancy, just something that he can reference that makes sense only to him.
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "huh artie isn't around either...must be still out at the warehouse. now...I'm not your mother...you can do as you please but I would like to take you out to the warehouse tomorrow morning show you around. Few things in there you might actually like."

With that she heads up to her room closing the door firmly and finishes her burgers while reading.

Comment

• Josiah goes and looks at his room. Spartan, but perfect. He unpacked, looked around, then unpacked the components for the three pistols he'd smuggled in various objects. After the pistols were assembled and stowed beside the bed ad in the desk, he left the big 1911 with his clothes and the holster. Afterwards, he hooked up his computer and played Diablo 3 until about 1 am , then crawled into bed to wake at six am.

Comment

• He sees Samara in the dining area downstairs, the next morning. this time dressed a little more practically in jeans and a aerosmith tour tshirt, her long hair tied back in a pony tail.

"sleep well? Theres coffee I just brewed, bacon and some toast in the kitchen if your hungry."

Comment

• Josiah grabbed a cup of coffee, two slices of toast and eight slices of bacon. "Listen about the warehouse... Am I gonna need to get a permit to carry, or am I gonna be the only schmuck being told, 'No, you are not allowed to carry because we don't trust The People'?"

Comment

Working...
                                X