This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip Towed.

It was a balmy Saturday evening at fast food hell. All the teenagers had come and gone to their parties, movies, or whatnot, leaving our lobby now empty and trashed. As we were short staffed, the manager of the store had come in to help out, and was now out cleaning the lobby.

As you can probably guess, he was not happy about this.

As I was wiping down greasy surfaces, waiting for the next wave of customers, I noticed him looking up and sighing as he worked. This went on for a few minutes, with me thinking that He was just unhappy about doing menial tasks.

Little did I know he was plotting.

As I had my back turned to him and the lobby, I hear a loud "CRACK" and whip around. He threw the broom down and was huffing his way back behind the counter. This could only spell trouble.

He tells each of us to come to the front counter. Even the guys in the grill. He then asks us all what we drive.

As we're looking at him, wondering what is going on, he starts to explain. You see, those teenagers had come and gone, and had trashed the lobby. One person had even gone so far as to write out "Here's your tip:" in ketchup, with 2 pennies next to it. And our manager was going to get his revenge.
    Because while there was only about 6 of us working the shift, and zero customers in our lobby, there were 22 cars parked outside.

Yes, 22.
    And only 4 of us had driven ourselves to work.

He asked us all to write our license plate #'s down. He then took that list to the back office, where he placed a phone call. Then he came back a few minutes later and started back to cleaning the lobby.

No more than 15 minutes later, 4 tow trucks showed up. One driver came all but running inside to meet with the manager. He had the manager hurriedly sign some paperwork, explained that more trucks were on the way, and they'd take care of the problem.

As we watched, car after car was towed off the premises. Some were junkers, most were in the "OK" state, but there was a newer model corvette and a brand new explorer there.
    Every car but ours was towed off the premises.

Of course, we all knew what was going to happen next.
    And it did.

Teenagers came back with their friends to pick up their cars, only to find them gone. They rushed inside to report their cars stolen. We pointed them to the manager, who had a list of license plates and vehicle makes/models, and if they were on the list, he gave them the information of the towing company.

Of course they were all pissed.

Most screamed and shouted and then left. One came back with her parents. Another one came back with the police, who looked over our managers paperwork, told the people there was nothing they could do, and then left.

But in the end, to get their vehicles back, they ALL payed the towing charges: $125. And because some let their vehicles sit with the towing company a few days, they also payed more.

On the brightside, when the complaints rolled in to the owners, and threats of lawsuits were made, the owners fully backed up the manager.

That was, incidentally, the last time our lobby was ever that trashed.

"Chaos in the midst of chaos isn't funny, but chaos in the midst of order is." - Steve Martin

Your manager is a god. I wish I had one like that when I worked fast food.
    Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

Strangely, I would think that would be the first of many trashings as a retaliatory thing, but definitely the last time El Grande Dumbasses parked there like that again. Still...seemed to work out.
      You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

I hate it when someone parks and leaves their vehicles parked in the parking lot. If they ask us, then we wont have a problem. That is if they come back and pick them up before we leave. But we get these assholes that just leaves their vehicle until after we close.

Good job on what your manager did. And it is wonderful that the owners backed him up.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

after that, if the trashings resumed, it might be time to call the police for vandalism, taking it a step further.

a little mess is one thing, we all do it, but to intentionally trash/destroy? that's quite another and extremely unacceptable.

time to get a legal message sent to these turds: learn to act appropriately or prepare to accept the consequences of your actions.

*mom would have SO kicked my ass if i'd done that sort of thing*
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Other than applause, all I have to say is... As soon as I was done reading the OP, I burst out laughing, because that was a great title to go with it.

Comment

Oh man. To have been in that restaurant when those stupid teens came back...

You should've sold tickets and charged admission for a show like that. XD
              "Oh, you hate your job? There's a club for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet down at the bar." ~Drew Carey

Comment

I officially want to marry your manager!!!

I say we boot all the spineless managers of the world, and clone your boss and sprinkle him around the globe so that he can battle SC's everywhere!!
                "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I would have bought popcorn & soda & sat down nearby to watch when those teens came back for their now towed cars.

Comment

The only two places I ever park and leave a car is the parking lot of my work place and the very back of big lots for grocery stores or wal-mart.

Your manager is awesome!
                    Check out my cosplay social group!
                    http://customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=18

Comment

Wow, not only a manager with a spine, but owners who backed him up.

This story put a smile on my face.
                      Sometimes life is altered.
                      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                      Uneasy with confrontation.
                      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

*standing ovation*
                        Bravo! I say, Encore!

That was beautiful....
                        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth Bobsentme View Post
                          As we watched, car after car was towed off the premises.

That's the best story ever. It brings a tear to me eye .....

At first, when the manager threw the broom down ... I thought you were seriously in for it .... like you were going to get into trouble - so I really wasn't expecting the twist at the end .... Bravo to you and your manager!

Quoth chainedbarista
                          *mom would have SO kicked my ass if i'd done that sort of thing*
                          Same here. My mom/dad would seriously not be happy if I did that ... I would have had to pay all the fees myself ... (and $125 can be a bit much to a teenager ....).
                          This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

That's awesome! And I love the title.

PS, Powerboy, your avatar is great
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Both your manager and the owners rock!

I would never have trashed a lobby and have been known to clean up other people's trash since I was a teen.

I also would never leave my car in someone else's parking lot. The only place I'd ever leave my car for an extended period would be a mall lot (expected) or the maybe the 'north 40' of some big block store if it became necessary. I've never had a reason to do that, however.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X