Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I purposely trashed a public area, my parents would've kicked my ass, ground me for life and make me clean it up. A manager getting even with SC's + owners who back up said manager for getting even with SC's = X10!!!!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

your manager is awesome!
      We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

and i bet the kids got the idea from the picture on the internet of someone doing the exact same thing - writing "30 minutes, no service" in ketchup on the counter, and then taking a photo of it.

a nice little lesson in that ... just cos someone does it online doesn't mean it's something they should copy

what i love best is that... they cried, whined, called the cops, tried to sue
        only to find out that... it was all done legally & basically...
        "tough s**t, stop breaking the law"

yeah, the lot is private property, and most of those kinda lots have signs that clearly state "parking for customers only, all others will be towed" etc.

Comment

hearing stories like that makes a hard day so much better!

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
            after that, if the trashings resumed, it might be time to call the police for vandalism, taking it a step further....time to get a legal message sent to these turds: learn to act appropriately or prepare to accept the consequences of your actions.
            Amen to that! They're doing wrong and bloody well know it. And if they're stupid enough to do it again, up the punishment. Some people are smart enough to learn the first time, some have to have it legally beaten into them, and some never, ever learn.
            Quoth chainedbarista View Post
            *mom would have SO kicked my ass if i'd done that sort of thing*
            As would my mom have done. As I would do to my kid if he ever pulls a stunt like that. But of course, the parents of all these brats just will not admit that their Precious Little Darling Angels would ever misbehave.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I would pay to have an autographed copy of this story.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

SCORE!

I bet the other workers at that place were pissed they missed such a Night of Awesomeness tm

Your manager is awesome, and I love the quick and eager response from the tow companies!

Comment

Would have loved to have seen that!
                  "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth Reyneth View Post
                    I love the quick and eager response from the tow companies!
                    For $125 a car, for 18 cars, I'm not surprised. Bobsentme, your manager is full of win, and I suspect put great fear into those kids for /ever/ leaving their cars in a store lot again. I suspect a couple had their driving privileges revoked for a bit as well, based on the newer model cars that were towed.
                    Last edited by IT Grunt; 03-09-2008, 08:58 AM.
                    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Oh, goodie. I get to be the first person posting a response against the manager. Well sort of. I mean, I'm finding myself torn here. I've worked fast food and dealt with the little jerks who loiter, park haphazardly while littering and blocking the parking lot (as in, drive-thru customers couldn't get through on late nights). We had signs posted with no loitering. We yelled at them and threatened calling the cops. Cops would usually refuse to come on the grounds that our signs weren't posted "clearly enough". I mean, come on already. And I've also had jerks park in my personal parking space where I live and have had them towed. So I most definitely understand the irritation and vindictiveness the manager felt.

But was he right? I'm not sure what type of business this is, but it sounds like a restaurant. Were there signs posted against parking? What did the signs say? Were the people towed the ones responsible for trashing the lobby, did they just park in the lot for a place to park, or something else? The reason I ask is because I've left my car in restaurants/business's parking lots on occasion. Coworkers and I eat somewhere and will take a quick jot over to a place where parking is limited. I'll leave my car behind for a few hours at the restaurant so we can carpool. I'm not irresponsible and I would never have trashed the lobby. So there would be no words to describe the anger I'd have against the business. And yes, I think I would expect to be reimbursed for the towing. Again, it would depend on the details, but the manager's response seemed extreme, even if I enjoyed hearing about it.

In the end, I silently pray I never eat at that restaurant. There are places in my city where one would expect to be towed, because the restaurant itself doesn't have ample parking space. But the post here sounded like a case of petty vindictiveness. A good read, but pretty childish. Just my two cents. And yes, I completely appreciate if people disagree with me on this.
                      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Bainsidhe, parking is a convenience offered by the restaurant for the customers. If you're not a customer, then you have no right to be using their facilities. Most places don't mind, because they don't want to piss you off against their store. In this case, though, the kids were abusing the restaurant's hospitality. Sure, a polite and respectful somebody might have left their car in the lot, but they were still using facilities they weren't technically allowed to. Plus, I'm sure it was half an hour or more before the cars were actually towed, so it wasn't like a patron of theirs went across the street for a few minutes. Most or all of the towees were jerks, and all of them were outside of their rights. If they didn't like, they're free to vote with their feet, and I'm sure the manager wants them to.
                        "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

I somehow get the feeling that the manager would never have dreamed of towing them if they hadn't trashed the lobby and treated his staff and store so disrespectfully.

So Baindshe, I can see your point. I would have thought it extreme if they had only been mildly sucky or just behaving a bit brattily. But these kids TRASHED the store and were nasty and degrading to the staff. IMO, this alone is what caused them to veer into SC category and deserve to get their stuff towed.

Just my 02 cents.
                          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

So I have a stupid question. Where did all the idiot teens ago while they left ALL their vehicles parked there?

Kids are so stupid. I would have loved to have been there. Especially to have seen the looks on their parents' faces!
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                              I've worked fast food and dealt with the little jerks who loiter, park haphazardly while littering and blocking the parking lot (as in, drive-thru customers couldn't get through on late nights).

(cut)

I'm not sure what type of business this is, but it sounds like a restaurant.
                              Um, first line of the story stated Fast Food hell. I thought that was a universal term for a fast food resturuant, especially on this site, but I am apparently wrong. I'll try to be more clear in the future.

Were there signs posted against parking? What did the signs say?
                              "Parking for McDonald's customers only. All others will be towed."

In the end, I silently pray I never eat at that restaurant.
                              Go ahead. Just don't leave your car parked there for several hours after trashing the lobby and pissing off the manager.

But the post here sounded like a case of petty vindictiveness. A good read, but pretty childish.
                              I disagree.
                              But then again, I was there.
                              I think the punishment fit the crime.

And yes, I completely appreciate if people disagree with me on this.
                              Your welcome.
                              Last edited by Bobsentme; 03-10-2008, 02:17 AM.
                              "Chaos in the midst of chaos isn't funny, but chaos in the midst of order is." - Steve Martin

Comment

Let's keep the personal attacks out of this, people. I don't want to have to shut this one down.
                                Sometimes life is altered.
                                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                                Uneasy with confrontation.
                                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                                X