This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just wow

ok so last week, housekeeping shows up at a property to pick up a crib used by the guests who had just checked out. The current guests decided since the crib was there and they had a baby, that they were going to use it and said they were keeping it. I had the pleasure of telling the guest that they had to pay for the crib or give it back.

Guest: that crib was here when I got here, I am not paying for it and I am not giving it back

Me: ma'am those are the choices....I cant let you have a crib for free

Guest: well we assumed it was left for us

Me: but you didnt order a crib

Guest: so?

Me: so if you want one, you must pay for it

Guest: you listen to me.....you cant make me pay for this crib. It was here when I got here. I am not paying for it, you bastard

Me: ok have a nice day

so we had the guest's card number on file and charged them for it. She calls back today

Guest: Dave, I am questioning a $63 charge on my card

Me: it looks like you ordered

Guest: no, no, no correction....you people left a crib there and I used it and I specifically told you I didn't want to pay for it

Me: ma'am, thats really not an option...you used the crib and you have to pay for it

Guest: I want that charge reversed

Me: no

Guest: no? You charged my card without my permission

Me: if you didn't want your card charged, you should have given them the crib back when they came for it

Guest: excuse me? Your attitude stinks like manure. Either I get refunded every penny or I am calling my lawyer

Me: you'll have to talk to a manager and they will be back on Monday

Guest: no this needs taken care of now

Me: I am sorry, a manager isnt here

Guest: Dave, you have no idea how furious I am. I am shaking. I am going to have a fucking stroke if I have to wait until Monday

Me: well ma'am I am very sorry but nobody is here

Guest: why are you so calm about this? I am so angry right now and you are acting like it's no big deal

Me: ma'am, you can talk to a manager on Monday

Guest: Dave, since you insist on making me wait and since I am not going to be able to sleep all weekend and will be an emotional wreck, I expect compensation from your company in addition to getting refunded for the crib.

Me: ok

Guest: no it's not ok. You know what, my hands are turning purple because there is so much rage inside of me right now. I have to go.. tell your manager to call me, asshole

See this is why my cousin had a lovely bassinet that all her kids had slept in when they went vacationing.

Comment

If I were in your job, I probably wouldn't be employeed there for too long -- heck, I don't think I'd last even my first half hour. >.<

If a guest is going to be traveling with children that still needs a crib, then they should bring their own damn crib to begin with. Of course that would require planning ahead wouldn't it?
      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Dave to his manager: "Hey Boss, this is Dave. I've got a customer that wants you to call them an asshole...."

Mike
        Meow.........

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
          k.

Guest: that crib was here when I got here, I am not paying for it and I am not giving it back

Wow. OK, so how do they expect to proceed, then?

Not everything in life is free, ya know

Comment

I pity the baby that has to grow up with such parents.

Comment

I love how Dave was so calm with them - not reacting to their stupidity.

a stroke over a $63 charge? sheesh...

Comment

Wait...so, she stole a crib and gets upset when you charge her for it rather than a> telling the cops and b> informing the owner of the suite/crib?

Chutzpah, they name is SC...
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
                  Dave to his manager: "Hey Boss, this is Dave. I've got a customer that wants you to call them an asshole...."

Mike
                  What he said.

If she would have had a stroke, she would have expected Dave's company to pay her medical bills.
                  That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

That's just dreadful, trying to steal a crib. Literally, that's what they did.
                    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I am going to have a fucking stroke if I have to wait until Monday
                      if only...

i'd like to hear what her lawyer has to say about this one: 'i used something that i was refusing to pay for then charged for anyway. i want my money AND compensation...!'

any lawyer in their right mind would laugh them out of their office.
                      look! it's ghengis khan!
                      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Suddenly I remember all the Tourists complaining about bloody near EVERYTHING back in Franklin.

*Rubs temples*

Puppy-pony's head hurts.
                        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                          Suddenly I remember all the Tourists complaining about bloody near EVERYTHING back in Franklin.

*Rubs temples*

Puppy-pony's head hurts.
                          Pobrecito. Here, have some bacon.
                          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I swear. If I go on vacation it's to relax. And not look around at much...maybe a beach or two or a bookstore visit, but other than that...

Am I the only tourist who doesn't care about what blade of grass is brown or yellow, or whatever?
                            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

"Hey, that police car was parking in front of my rental house when I got here, that means I get to drive it around for 2 weeks!"

What if you'd told them the crib wasn't a rental, but belonged to the previous renters who'd forgotten it, and you needed to ship it back to them? I'm sure that wouldn't change EW harpy's opinion at all.
                              Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X