• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth GiggityGiggityGoo View Post
    Lemme guess. No tip?

I think leaving would be tip enough.

Comment

What is wrong with people? I can't believe they actualy expected that type of service! I've never seen that, except, when I was a kid, on vacation with my paretns and younger brother, who had muscular dystrophy. This was a nice restaurant, and he had ordered a steak. The waiter offered to cut it up for him, which he didn't have to do, and was tipped very well for that, as well as the stellar service.

Comment

I wonder if they were also considering complaining that their food was cold by the time they got around to eating it.

Comment

I guess it was too much for these people to ask for the sandwich to be cut the way they needed it for him to eat it before being served?

Comment

I've had someone cut my husband's steak for him one time. We were at Outback and his rare steak make my stomach feel queasy when I tried to cut it, and he can't cut it himself as he's physically handicapped.. and the manager! passed by and offered to help Of course, we were super polite and thanked him half a dozen times while he cut it, and we also didn't snap, wave, grab, or demand his attention in a rude manner..
            "If looks could really kill, my occupation would be staring" Brand New - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light

Comment

Of course there's the alternative. Smile sweetly and say, "Certainly, madam. There will be a £2.95 special handling surcharge for that. Would you like me to proceed?"

If they think that this is part of the service offered by a pub, there's no reason that they shouldn't pay for it.

Comment

I wonder what their reaction would have been had you taken the sandwich back into the kitchen to be cut up?
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                  Me: I am only going to say this one more time. I am too busy. There are five of you at this table that are perfectly able to cut the sandwich.
                  D: But that's not our job.
                  My answer-- "Yes it IS. You're his FAMILY!"
                  "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
                    Exactly. I would've looked confused and asked "Then whose is it?"
                    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                    What's the difference?
                    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
                      This, exactly. That would have come out of my mouth before I could stop it. I can't believe those twats sat there and stared at it, like they expected it to cut itself. I wonder what it's like at home for the poor guy? Probably not very nice.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Maybe they never eat at home because then they'd HAVE to cut up his food themselves... sigh. Getting old sucks.
                        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I feel bad for that poor old guy I bet the daughter told her husband "SEE, I knew we shouldn't have taken dad out for his birthday, I mean REALLY they expected us to feed him..... UHHHHHHHH, idiots can't understand that is why we lock him at the nursing home"

I'm pretty sure she was too busy filling her obligation to be an annoyign beoch, to be able to take time to cut the sandwhich, maybe she has a contract like the Nascar drivers who can only drink their sponsors beer?

I could only imagine a better response if you got to toss the race card out and go "What do you mean? I;m the help! How dare you, I shall have your lexus!!!" or go the blues brothers route 'How much for the women, the little girl how much???" (or something of that nature)
                          Last edited by underemployeed; 06-21-2011, 07:29 AM.
                          I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Viewpoint from a disabled person:

There are precisely two groups of people I expect help from.
                            My family, because they care about me and choose to assist me, and want me to stay living with them (and I couldn't without help).
                            Professional carers, such as respite care staff, nurses & nursing assistants, and 'carers' (yes, that's an actual job title).

If I accidentally ordered something I discovered I was too weak to cut up, I might ask for assistance from wait staff (if I was eating alone. If I had family/friends with me, I'd ask them). I have also asked passing store staff to get things down for me from a high shelf, and - well, you know. But we also know what site we're on.

Simple special consideration is almost always provided - if you ask nicely. The trick is to be non-sucky.
                            Seshat's self-help guide:
                            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

He took their order and brought them their food so he did his job. If she wanted such a personal level of service she shouldn't have brought him to a pub.

Comment

Viewpoint from the Husband of a Disabled Person:

When we go out, I feel it's my responsibility to help my wife with stuff that she can't do by herself. If someone offers to help, that is one thing, but I don't think it should be required by the employees of the establishments to help my wife on every little thing.
                                Last edited by drunkenwildmage; 06-21-2011, 01:37 PM. Reason: stll can't type worth a damn.
                                Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Working...
                                X