This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
    I handed her the cloth, and watched as her and her friend struggled to wipe down the table. I also noticed them look up at the sky a few times, as if they were wondering "Where on Earth is this water coming from??"
    I...err...hmm (tilts head sideways) still makes no sense that way either. Good grief she's dumber than I am and my nickname is Miss Oblivious.

It's like when I watch my dog sit outside in the rain, run back in and shake herself dry and run back outside to get rained on again and looking completely bewildered that she keeps getting wet.

Rain=water=wet. Simple but oh so hard for some.

Comment

Oh so much fun can be had with this.

"Okay. You stop the rain and I'll wipe off the table. K-Ready-Go. *stare at SC with expectation for 2 seconds* C'mon hurry up! I have a table to wipe down here! Make that rain stop!"

--------

*Put a block under the table leg opposite a seated patron*
      "Sorry, I can't fix stupid."
      Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Quoth Lady_Pigeon View Post

I saw this happen at the BEACH. I'm in the water, it's sunny, and it starts to drizzle. Maybe a few harder drops. People were FLEEING the ocean screaming, "I'm getting wet!" over and over. I looked at them with a while enjoying the ocean waves.

And no, there was no dangerous weather. Just rain.
        It always bewilders my friends, coworkers, and guests at the motel when I swim in the pool while it's raining. Like, what's wrong if I swim while it's raining? I'll get wet? OMG no that can't be! </sarcasm> I never got the aversion to it.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
          Like, what's wrong if I swim while it's raining? I'll get wet? OMG no that can't be! </sarcasm> I never got the aversion to it.
          Only really unsafe if there's any lightning/thunder -- which, technically, could be just about ANY raincloud -- hence the, at times, overabundance of caution.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
            A little while later, a female customer stormed up to the bar.

FSC: I just sat down on the benches outside and got all wet!
            Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            Does Sheldons want to take this one, or should I?
            You take it.
            Not Sheldonrs's area of expert tease.
            And I'm too rusty.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
              Something like this? Dollar Bank actually sponsored two of these for Dinomite Days in 2003. One is at the corner of Penn and Braddock Avenues--I see it every day as I drive to and from work
              I have seen that one on my trips to Pittsburgh. I wondered where it came from.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
                I can't remember, is it turkeys, chickens or both that you can't leave out in rain because they just stare straight up with their mouths open until they drown?
                http://www.snopes.com/critters/wild/turkey.asp
                Last edited by DeltaSierra; 08-27-2011, 11:38 PM.
                The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

I'd have posted the Snopes link if I hadn't been beaten to it.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    Only really unsafe if there's any lightning/thunder -- which, technically, could be just about ANY raincloud -- hence the, at times, overabundance of caution.
                    True, but I've seen it myself. People who are saying 'but you'll get wet', not 'there might be lightning'.

Lightning is a VERY valid reason to get out of water.
                    Seshat's self-help guide:
                    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                      People who are saying 'but you'll get wet', not 'there might be lightning'.
                      Ahh, I see.

That's two things in this thread so far that make me weep for the human race.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

When it rains here, the dubmbunnies think it's a major disaster. And should it ever happen to snow . . .

The CSM team tends to demand the trolleys get dried off before they're used. But because they refuse to schedule enough people on any day except Friday (the day they have to catch up on everyone's hours), they don't see why no one ever has time to do it.

But rain is hardest on the janitorial team, because we're supposed to have supplies in the side closets to handle rain. What does mismanagement do? Pretends there won't be any rain and has the supplies moved to the back of the store. Shortly afterwards, it never fails, there's a big rain storm and the supplies can't be found.
                        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth houdini
                          Most of the UK is not this stupid! Honest!

Stupid is rampant all over the globe. Hopefully, not all of the world is this stupid.
                          "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
                          "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

Quoth sweetj82 View Post
                            I also work at a supercenter. Eveytime it rains we have a few people always complain its wet. We even had people ask if we can make it stop.
                            Gah - memories of the weather whiners at my place.

"It's raaaaaiiinninggggg..."

"Yes. Yes it is."

See those sheets of glass at the front of the shop? I can see through them and the current weather conditions are evident. Thanks for stating the sodding obvious.

Had one really whining once.

"Someone should do something about this weather!"

"I'd write a letter of complaint if I were you."

"Yes! I'll ... do that?"

I think we lost her trade, but the moment of realisation that nobody was going to hold her hand and turn off the rain switch and make it all better was worth it.

Rapscallion

Comment

I'm often inclined to tell people who complain because the weather isn't sunny and warm that they can "Go complain to Morgan La Faye."

But then, I'm also the person who believes the shoppers at my job should leave at once and go straight to K-Mart.
                              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

There was a Peanuts comic many years ago (so long ago, in fact, that Snoopy still walked on four legs) with no dialog at all.

It's pouring rain. Snoopy is racing along through the rain from one awning to the next, shadowing people under their umbrellas, doing everything he can to keep dry... until he finally gets to his doghouse, climbs up on the roof and goes to sleep. In the rain.

Comment

Working...
                                X