Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sightings

Wherein I am the dumbass
Old 10-14-2018, 08:46 PM
Cashier

Default Wherein I am the dumbass

I'm doing out of town training, staying in a hotel. As everyone knows, most hotels have key cards, and this one was no different. Most hotels have automatic door closers on the room doors, same as with this one.

So, on Thursday, I took my shower and put some fluffy fleece pajamas on, added my electric vest, bunny slippers and my Elmer Fudd fur lined hat, then stepped outside to smoke one last time before I went to bed.

While I remembered my smokes, lighter and CAR keys, I forgot about my key card until I heard the door close.

No phone, and me stuck out in the freezing rain. Very smart move on my part.

I scampered to the lobby, peeked in the windows to be sure it was clear, then ran in to the very nice clerk saying "I'm the dumbass in 1614 who can't seem to remember my key card, please help and hurry lest we inflict this on your other guests!" She didn't even blink, asked "Inflict?", I gestured at myself and she said "Your attire? I think you look fabulous." and handed me a new key card while telling me to have a good rest of my night.

I went back to my room, sat down at my laptop and wrote corp and the hotel to compliment her on her kindness and professionalism. I'm good at suck up letters, I didn't once mention her skills at lying!

Old 10-15-2018, 12:51 AM
Et tu, Pixie?

Quote:
I didn't once mention her skills at lying!
That falls under "excellent customer service"
"I don’t know what English did to you or your family, but I cannot in good conscience sit here and watch you do this to it. You sir, are a monster." ~ Gravekeeper

"Don't weep for the stupid; you'll be crying all day!" - Fr. Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged
"I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you any further." – anon

Old 10-15-2018, 03:58 PM
Area Manager

I guess you're not out in public much, I've seen people walking around the street in PJs and slippers fairly often. Or worse.

Old 10-15-2018, 04:09 PM
Bagger

In Colorado wearing PJs and slippers is the official state clothing.

Old 10-15-2018, 06:15 PM
Loanshark IT

What is it about the "click" of a hotel door latch that tends to jog your memory?

If you have all of your essential bits covered, you're good. Beyond that... Fake it till you make it.

Old 10-16-2018, 05:33 AM
Assistant Manager

If you waltz down with a certain confidence in your stride, your attire matters little. If you're REAL good, you're halfway down the hallway back to your room before "Wait, was that one nekkid?" hits.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:24 AM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
I guess you're not out in public much, I've seen people walking around the street in PJs and slippers fairly often. Or worse.
I've seen just as bad. At least you weren't naked or stuck in more scantily-clad lingerie.

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
That falls under "excellent customer service"
Yup

Old 10-17-2018, 04:36 PM
Asura Mesmer

Folks come into the bank lobby in pajama pants all the time. Nobody bats an eye.

Only a step up (or maybe down) from slippers, but Goodhair comes to work wearing crocs most of the time. Fleece-lined, camo crocs, but still crocs.

Old 10-20-2018, 01:44 AM
Cashier

Quote:
Quoth csquared View Post
What is it about the "click" of a hotel door latch that tends to jog your memory?
You sure nailed that one!

Thank you for all being so kind, I'm all old and stuff, being seen in pajamas is just NOT DONE for people of my generation.

Crocs outside the garden are totally unacceptable as well.

In other news, I grew up knowing that tipping the maid was part of staying at a hotel, so I did so every day for the first week and thought the cleaning/restocking was very poor and erratic.

I had to go to the lobby (fully dressed) to get toilet paper one night because the almost empty roll wasn't changed and the cleaner didn't leave a new one.

Another time, the used towels were removed but new ones didn't appear. That prompted another trip to the lobby because I am too large to use hand towels for effective drying.

The first day of the next week, I didn't leave a tip and the cleaner restocked everything very nicely, stood my electric toothbrush on end, emptied the coffee maker and ran the dishwasher. My guilt was overwhelming, so of course I left a tip on the next day.

Who didn't restock the coffee supplies or give me more toilet paper. At least I had towels.

It was very strange, usually when I tip the cleaner daily, I can tell that my room got cleaned to an inch of its life. Maybe its because now that they are making 10.50/hr, my paltry 3 buck tips weren't enough?

Old 10-21-2018, 11:20 PM
Assistant Manager

As I learned it, the tip for a hotel maid gets left at the end of your stay. You may have been telling the maid of the day that you were about to leave.