Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get new merchandise to Sell: A Murphy's Law Tale.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get new merchandise to Sell: A Murphy's Law Tale.

This story brought to you by Murphy's Law, and the number 2.

There are several areas of our store that are just plain messy. Many items don't have a peg, so they go on the floor. We recently got a new hire, who really hates it when he has to get a price from the computer because it's on the floor and doesn't have a tag. So he takes it upon himself to redo the entire wall.

It looks beautiful. Even better than some of the professional plan-o-grams I've seen. Far better. Absolutely.

And then the Store Manager (Cool guy, I like him. ... though I like all my Coworkers and Managers, thank the stars.) pops up and tells us that we're getting in new merchandise from another company. Milwaukee, Stihl, Skil, Black & Decker, Craftsman, etc. We have to move the contents of an entire wall away to make room for the other company's additions.

Where does the old stuff go? Right in the place that he just redid. Of course. The stuff that was there previously gets tossed, simple and clean.

This is only the fourth time that this has happened in the span of maybe two years. I'm kind of hoping to employ Murphy's Law and clean up the aisles that I hate the most, in order to get them replaced.
    SC: "Are you new or something?"
    Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Murphy's Law is recursive: washing your car to make it rain doesn't work.

Sucks tho, that he put all that work into redoing the wall and it gets tossed like that.
    We are actors! We are the opposite of people! -Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

All we can do is hate. And they ALL deserve it.

Comment

Yeah. But this also works in the new hire's favor. In setting up the new area and moving things around, we'll pretty much have to reprice everything and make it all look nice and orderly.
      SC: "Are you new or something?"
      Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

Working...
      X