This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *grumble, growl, snarl, rage*

I was supposed to work next week. I was excited to work next week despite the massive technetium shortage (we're expecting roughly 8% of the normal supply) because today's grand total of 4 hours is all I've worked in almost a month. Boss asked me if I was working at <other other location> next Friday and I said, no I'm working at <home location> for <other tech>. Someone else is on the schedule she says. So I call to confirm and sure enough another PRN tech is working. I'm a bit torqued. Those were MY hours that I committed to in freaking JANUARY. And they didn't bother to tell me they gave them to someone else. I half wish I hadn't said anything, shown up to <home location> and demanded to work anyway. I feel bad that the other PRN hasn't worked at <home location> in over a year, I really do. But dangit, those were MY hours.

So I sent a politely-worded e-mail to Boss and Charge Tech reminding them that I already committed to cover <other tech's> vacation later in the year and to freaking let me know if they take my hours away. I wouldn't have minded so much if someone had just TOLD ME what was going on. Ugh. I love my job, but my company not so much.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)
Working...
X