Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People don't cut through my yard...and I live on a corner. It only happened once last year, and yes, I did yell at the kid. Mainly because parts of my yard are torn up (took out stumps), and I didn't want him to get hurt. But seriously, people leave my yard alone. Maybe because it's so dark there at night...or maybe it's because I was using a 40-pound fence maul to snap railroad ties in half last summer...
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

One night last summer, a bunch of neighborhood kids used our house as target practice for their paintballs. Another played a prank on our elderly neighbor across the street.

My brother-in-law chased the kids away, but recongized one that sometimes plays with my nephew when he's in town.

I bet the other kids were mad at him, when he gave up their names to the police officer who visited him the next morning, when my sister made a complaint.

They got the clue though because nothing bad has happened since.

Comment

The 1st apartment complex where I lived after college was, well, not the best neighborhood. When I moved to the other end of the complex it was marginally better. The 2nd apartment was just near the shortcut the drug dealers & buyers used to dash to the next apartment complex to avoid the cops.

1st either cops or apartment management put a chain link fence. Within 2 days, it was cut enough for someone to slip through. Then posts were put in & the fence was repaired. Then someone took bolt cutter, cut the entire fence panel/length & rolled it up to the post.

But at least I wasn't sharing a building with them anymore.
        I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

after the 2nd repair they should i dunno puta swimming pool or something there or maybe hire a redneck witha hunting rifle to sit there drinking beer and shooting druggies that cut through.

Comment

Step one: be seen cleaning your weapons on the porch.
            Failing that, Step two: Call the cops...Or sit out there with a paintball gun and tag the offenders in the butt, depending on how rural your area is and what you could get away with.
            Failing that, If they STILL trespass in spite of all necessary legal warnings- Birdshot gun with rocksalt. Aim for the butt and ankles. Won't do any permanent damage but I guarantee they'll have a sudden change of heart.
            "Respect: to admit that something one may not enjoy or prefer might still have great value." ~L. Munoa

Comment

Quoth Sharsarannon View Post
              Step one: be seen cleaning your weapons on the porch.
              This has always worked for me. I've never needed to find a "step 2," but that would probably include me having to repeat step 1
              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I did once have a family have lunch in my front yard one time. My car was in the drive and it should have been obvious I was home but I just watched them and made sure they didn't leave any garbage behind.
                For this area I'm sure the winter people (snow-play families mainly) are more annoying due to the fact that snow is a "destination" thing for Californians. Most people live their whole lives here and never have to deal with the stuff whereas summer activities are available everywhere. Winter people leave more garbage around than summer people, partly because they aren't used to the cold and are unwilling to get out and actually look for a can. Skiers not so much, they are more like the climbers we get. (I prefer the climbers)

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
                ~Clerks

Comment

Quoth Shards View Post
                  My basic philosophy is, in the winter, if you don't like it, you can put clothes on, in the summer, if you don't like it, there's only so much you can take off. I'll take the winter.
                  I'm totally the opposite. I can take off enough to get cool, but I can never put on enough to get warm. Of course, I'm a born and bread desert rat, too....
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I would suggest locking the doors. My doors are locked 24/7. No one is just walking into my house unannounced and uninvited.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                      I'm totally the opposite. I can take off enough to get cool, but I can never put on enough to get warm. Of course, I'm a born and bread desert rat, too....
                      I don't know for a fact, because I'm adopted and have no way of finding my biological family (at least not yet), but I am fairly sure I have some very frigid northern blood running through me, and I was raised in PA, which isn't that far north, compared to many of the other posters here, but it is in the northern section of the states.
                      "Darling, you are a bitch. I'm joining the Navy." -Cinema Guy 4/30/2009

Comment

If they're blocking your gate which is private property, you can get them towed, at vehicle owner's expense of course lol
                        teach them what not to do.
                        Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Quoth Cyphr View Post
                          after the 2nd repair they should i dunno puta swimming pool or something there or maybe hire a redneck witha hunting rifle to sit there drinking beer and shooting druggies that cut through.
                          It was a buffer zone, can't build anything. And this was a cheap@$$ apartment complex, they weren't going to hire anyone.

The only thing that cut down on the drug business was the cops doing regular patrols through the complex. I think the apartment complex did finally get a cop to move in with severely cut rent, as long as he'd park his police car in the lot.
                          I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

I've had my drive way blocked several times and most of the time when asked they move their cars. I had one pretty boy refuse "He'll move when he get's ready." I hooked to his car with my biggest tractor and drug it down the road through the ditch about 100 yards to the place he was visiting. He came out screaming but when his friend explained that I was the "crazy gun guy" he went back inside.

As for the cleaning guns I wouldn't, in some places that could be construed as a threat, and I certainly wouldn't shoot at anyone unless I was being threatened or infear of my life. Even rock salt can kill.
                            Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth TryNotToBeThatOne View Post
                              1st either cops or apartment management put a chain link fence. Within 2 days, it was cut enough for someone to slip through. Then posts were put in & the fence was repaired. Then someone took bolt cutter, cut the entire fence panel/length & rolled it up to the post.
                              That's when it's time to dig a ditch. A big ditch. For drainage purposes, of course.

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
                                As for the cleaning guns I wouldn't, in some places that could be construed as a threat, and I certainly wouldn't shoot at anyone unless I was being threatened or infear of my life. Even rock salt can kill.
                                I think it would be better to be seen practicing your martial arts moves, especially senior belt patterns (they involve some nasty looking moves). If anyone accuses you of threatening, just say you're supposed to practice every second day and you thought it would be nice to do it outside for a change.

Comment

Working...
                                X