Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 02:11 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

Quote:
Quoth Latekin View Post
At this point I suspect they're trying not to bring the father into custody because they're waiting for Tim to show up to his place, or for him to go meet Tim somewhere.
Just tell Daddy to have Tim come in and talk to you guys so you can discuss the matter of "calling off the cops" He might very well be that stupid, if you're lucky...
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival. ~ C. S. Lewis

"French is my favorite ... Especially to curse with ... It's like wiping your arse with silk. I love it." The Merovingian, "The Matrix: Reloaded"
"Customers are like van Gogh. They intentionally remove their ears when it suits them." TheDangOofMan, Reddit

Old 03-08-2015, 02:12 PM
Ex-Puncher of Tickets

Just for giggles, what would the excess km charge be for circumnavigation of continental Australia?

Old 03-08-2015, 02:17 PM
FEC Derp Herder

Well, it's only 39c per km....

So around $6, 170

Quote:
Just tell Daddy to have Tim come in and talk to you guys so you can discuss the matter of "calling off the cops" He might very well be that stupid, if you're lucky...
I may just suggest this to the manager tomorrow when i get in.

Old 03-08-2015, 06:24 PM
Insert clever title here

Quote:
Quoth Latekin View Post
Now, as I write this, it's been nearly a month. Tim hasn't been caught yet, but the vehicle tracking stopped somewhere about an hour away from here.
What kind of tracker does your vehicle have? Is it one that's easily disabled or removed? I'm wondering why the police didn't trace the car by the tracker.

I can sure see why Tim is the way he is. Just look at the father. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Old 03-08-2015, 07:24 PM
Escapee

The parent clearly taught the kid everything he knows, so of course he will stick up for his son. The word bogan means working class, but not red neck? So kinda more "white trash"?

And yeah, driving across Australia would be different than in the US. I would like one day to drive from coast to coast. Of course I would probably not want to pay to rent a car for weeks, but if it was cheap I like the idea of driving to Florida and then flying back.

Old 03-08-2015, 08:31 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

NAR - AFAIK, Yeah -pretty much. I believe it's used to mean "white trash" as opposed to simply "redneck" -- it's specifically derogatory...and it seems like these two winners are good examples ~_~
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival. ~ C. S. Lewis

"French is my favorite ... Especially to curse with ... It's like wiping your arse with silk. I love it." The Merovingian, "The Matrix: Reloaded"
"Customers are like van Gogh. They intentionally remove their ears when it suits them." TheDangOofMan, Reddit

Old 03-09-2015, 03:08 AM
FEC Derp Herder

I made a post about bogans! Part 1's done, part 2 will have to wait until I finish work tonight.

Quote:
What kind of tracker does your vehicle have? Is it one that's easily disabled or removed? I'm wondering why the police didn't trace the car by the tracker.
Honestly, I'm not really sure why they haven't. The tracker might not be that accurate. There's also a chance he's popped it into another car or simply burned the work van out. I shall make inquiries.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:45 AM
Car Snatcher

Quote:
Quoth Latekin View Post
First update!

Tim's not been caught yet, but his Dad did come in to yell at various people. He wanted my partner to call off the police, which is something that you can do apparently.
You know, I'd find it hard, if Dad had come in to yell that at me, to adopt my best (i.e. WORST) accent and say

"Oi Mate! I'll be happy to call off the coppers as soon as your kid stops stealin' me car!"

Old 03-09-2015, 03:59 AM
FEC Derp Herder

Quote:
Quoth Argabarga View Post
You know, I'd find it hard, if Dad had come in to yell that at me, to adopt my best (i.e. WORST) accent and say

"Oi Mate! I'll be happy to call off the coppers as soon as your kid stops stealin' me car!"
You forgot to ad "ya wanker!" To the end of that statement.

Would have done it had I been there, but it was partner. Dane's English. He could have gone with.

"Well now my good man, I'd certainly call the policemen away, the very instant your young man ceases with the theft of our motor vehicles."

I typed this, read it, and I keep hearing it in Stephen Fry's voice.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:16 AM
Car Snatcher

Well, that settles it, we're going to have to construct a big list of country-specific responses, complete with overdone accents, local argot, and an appropriately-stereotyped voice actor for each one...