Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Going in for the Kill

Quote:
Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
Fire ants? are they like carpenter ants?
Entomological answer:

Fire ants are the American common names of two introduced species of ant from South America.

The species best know is the Red Imported Fire Ant (RIFA), Solenopsis invicta. Nests can be polygyne or monogyne. Individuals tend to appear red/brown. An ant trail will consist of workers and soldiers.

Being stung by a RIFA will cause a painful welt with a boil in the center. Individuals are capable of stinging more than once.

The second species is the Black Imported Fire Ant (BIFA), Solenopsis richterri.
Indiviuals are uniformly black.
The BIFA tends to have a smaller range, and there is much debate as to whether or not this is a true separate species or a subspecies of RIFA. The sting is painful and results in a bone deep itching as well as inflamation and pain.

Rarely mentioned in popular literature is the fertile hybrid between a RIFA and a BIFA.

Multiple stings of either species or the hybrid can result in anaphalectic shock and death if immediate medical assistance is not rendered.

/Entomological Response

Yes, I have worked with both species and the hybrid in a lab setting. I was just happy I was only running tests on them and not dealing with them in colony form.

Any description of the effects of the sting is my own experience. Individuals may react differently.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:32 AM
Assistant Manager

Oh, sweet jesus, IS THAT A MUMMIFIED FROG?!?!?!

Old 07-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Girl Thursday

Honestly, it's quite possible for an otherwise clean home to end up with bugs in the electronics, particularly if there is some form of ingress for them near where said electronics are kept. I had a friend move into an apartment complex that was riddled with roaches. It wouldn't matter how well any of the tenants kept their apartments, 'cause the place was nasty outside.

And, for those of you dealing with insect incursions, I have yet to find anything that is as awesome for dealing with them as Sevin. I use the Dust form, myself. As long as it doesn't get wet, it'll stop pretty much any incursion. Be aware that it kills all invertebrates, both good and bad, and you shouldn't use it around waterfowl breeding grounds.

^-.-^

Old 07-11-2011, 04:55 AM
Front End Supervisor

Oh dear!!!

I get that a lot at my work, (I unpack returned/faulty EFTPOS machines) and so many of them are just beyond filthy and the smell of roach pee is disgusting and unmistakable!

The really bad ones I look up in the system to see where they came from, because if it's a local restaurant I plan never to eat there! You'd be suprised how many of them are from restaurants/cafes/take aways... Can you imgaine eating your meal and then going to pay for it, only to be handed a machine that looks like someone wiped their butt on?

Seriously people, it takes two seconds to wipe down an EFTPOS machine.. 2!!

I can only imagine how disgusting this persons house is, I'll be dammned if I could get a wink of sleep in that place!

Old 07-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Remaining Calm

Honestly, it's quite possible for an otherwise clean home to end up with bugs in the electronics

It's not uncommon to find one or two, especially in older TVs. It happens. I've been here a year and have never seen a TV this riddled.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Assistant Manager

Quote:
Quoth Pagan View Post
Really? I've got a friend that lives in Edgewood and they do, from time to time, see roaches.

What they're most likely seeing are stinkbugs,they're about the same size but they're black rather than brown,which ain't gonna be noticed when someone is shrieking "BUG!!!" & flattenin' it with a large rock.

Mark Twain

Old 07-12-2011, 01:02 AM
Insert clever title here

Quote:
Quoth Betweenshades View Post
Honestly, it's quite possible for an otherwise clean home to end up with bugs in the electronics

It's not uncommon to find one or two, especially in older TVs. It happens. I've been here a year and have never seen a TV this riddled.
One or two, yeah, that could happen even in a spotlessly-clean home. That many, though, the place has got to be a dungheap.

I'm afraid to ask about the mice or that dusty frog corpse...!

Last edited by XCashier; 07-12-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Old 07-13-2011, 02:32 AM
Chairman of the Board

Quote:
Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
Holy Fucking Asscrackers!

I agree. The only thing to do is to take pictures, reattach the back, show the lady the pictures, hand her the TV and show her the door.

Then go home and take a show until the hot water is all gone.
And sealing up the TV in plastic.
Closed Thread