Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To those who place internet pizza delivery orders...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My husband is guilty of stuff like that. He is so spacy. He re-ordered his contact lenses online but forgot to update our address, since we'd moved not long ago. The company was actually really great about it - they sent out another order, but expedited it and didn't make him pay for the expedition, even though it was his fault.

That guy who ordered the pizza was a total jerk. If that was me, I would have been SO embarrassed by my mistake, I would have doubled the tip!

Comment

EVERY TIME I order ANYTHING online, one of the CONFIRMATION screens HAS AN ADDRESS CONFIRMATION. The fact that they rush this screen does not make it your mistake, it makes the user a dimwit who speeds through the confirmation screens without reading.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
        Yikes! I thought it was frustrating when my favorite pizza place's website wouldn't let me change my address, forcing me to pick up the darned phone! I can't imagine ordering without changing my address.
        I uh ... just did that, actually. Only I thought I'd changed it. I was ordering some pants a jacket online and the address confirmation screen popped up my old address. So I click "edit" and fix my address, click save, and finish ordering. Only when it shipped it was still going to the wrong address.

Figured I didn't click "save". Oops. But when I went back and tried it again, I discovered the website was not saving the edit no matter how many times I clicked "save".

And then the post office didn't forward the package and delivered it to my old house, but that's another rant.

Comment

Quoth manybellsdown View Post
          I uh ... just did that, actually. Only I thought I'd changed it. I was ordering some pants a jacket online and the address confirmation screen popped up my old address. So I click "edit" and fix my address, click save, and finish ordering. Only when it shipped it was still going to the wrong address.

Figured I didn't click "save". Oops. But when I went back and tried it again, I discovered the website was not saving the edit no matter how many times I clicked "save".

And then the post office didn't forward the package and delivered it to my old house, but that's another rant.
          Well, that's different. You *thought* you changed it. You're allowed to be human and make a mistake. But to flat out not even bother like the guy in the op? That's unfathomable.
          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
          X