Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unless you can see a child exiting the body...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was all just weird. I brushed it off shortly after but wrote about on here for closure sorta, just to get it out. I'm just at a place in my life where while I cannot currently have kids, I'm still on the boarder as to whether I really want them or not.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      This is why I stick to "have a nice day" all day, every day, even holidays. Who's going to get offended by that?
      The ones that think you should wish everyone a "Happy (insert whatever holiday here)!" After all, it's not a special holiday unless YOU wish them it!

One of my coworkers at the Mart of Walls got ranted at for not wishing people a Happy Holiday. You just can't win for losing with these kind of people!
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

i've never wanted kids, neither has my husband. whenever we get the "happy mother's day" or "happy father's day" we just smile and say thanks because we both have mothers and fathers and in-laws to celebrate. we don't see it as directed at us but towards our parents.
        there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

One of our customers wished me a happy Mother's Day yesterday. Caught me by surprise, and I had this weird rush of incredibly complex emotion in reaction. We've recently had to put off our Quest for the Impossible Child, as my recent tendon tear counterindicates pregnancy (relaxin is bad for injured tendons). Plus it's almost a year since the chemical pregnancy/early miscarriage. And at the same time, it made me smile, because he was just so earnest about it. He was honestly wishing me a good day.

Comment

I was given the leftover Mother's Day flowers after church yesterday. Everyone there knows I have no kids. I commented how funny it was that the non-mother was going home with the most flowers and a friend said to me, "Well, you're a wife, right? Wives can be essentially mothers."

My husband was standing right there, so the intent was to tease him.
            The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

I know it's petty, but I had a co-worker ask if everyone was having a Happy Mother's Day in our group chat at work.

So I replied "Oh yes! First my kids made me breakfast in bed, then they gave me this lovely card and flowers, and then none of that happened because I'm a single male bachelor and my mother lives in Mexico."
              Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Quoth celticgrl View Post
                Same here went to the store and the cashier knows I don't have kids but wished me Happy Mothers Day anyways since she know my little Chiweenie is the only child I will ever have.
                Kinda like for father's day. Like last year, my BF will be getting a father's day card - from our dog.

Comment

My co-worker wishes everyone a Happy Mother's Day, female or male. His feeling is that you're either a mother, have a mother, or can be blessed to have that kind of special relationship with someone where even though you do not share dna you watch out for them as though they were your own. Definitely couldn't argue with him, he made perfect sense. =)
                  If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

Our custodian in the office give all the women/mothers flowers on MD except me.

Comment

My manager told me happy mother's day since I have puppies. I only said it to my regulars that I know have kids.

Comment

Gah, yeah. Some crazy trucker lady yelled at me at 7/11 yesterday. She didn't even walk over to me, just yelled across the store "HEY! YOU! Have you called your mom yet today?!". I said yes, and she said "GOOD! Then I won't have to ride your ass!" and went back to her shopping.

Like..what? I was tempted to say "No, I have two dads" but Lord knows what would have happened to me ;p

Comment

I agree with Camry-Mother's Day is for mothers, aunts, godmothers, pet owners, and anyone who loves someone else with the fervor of a mother for her child. Doesn't matter if that someone else came out of your body or not- I'm adopted and I know my mom couldn't love me more of she gave birth to me.
                          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth Camry178 View Post
                            My co-worker wishes everyone a Happy Mother's Day, female or male. His feeling is that you're either a mother, have a mother, or can be blessed to have that kind of special relationship with someone...
                            I wished everyone I can across yesterday , male or female, a happy Mother's Day for this same reason. Nearly everyone has some sort of mother figure in their life and plus it is another reason to be nice. I hope I didn't hurt someone's feeling by doing so.
                            Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                              Gah, yeah. Some crazy trucker lady yelled at me at 7/11 yesterday. She didn't even walk over to me, just yelled across the store "HEY! YOU! Have you called your mom yet today?!"
                              "Called her what?"
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I got wished a happy belated Mother's Day multiple times today. I'm:

1. Single, with what seems to be no possibility of a significant other anytime soon
                                2. A virgin, with no intention to change that without #1 changing
                                3. Not sure I even want to have kids.

I corrected the first couple of people and said that I'm not a mother yet. After a while, I just gave up and thanked them. It was irritating, but I know their intent wasn't malicious.

Comment

Working...
                                X