X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Pi sounds like

Since tomorrow is Pi day (3.14), I thought you guys might enjoy this:

http://intertuberecords.memebase.com...i-sounds-like/

It's gorgeous. And I truly wish someone had clued me into the music = maths school of thought, as I probably would've done way better at maths if i'd known that :/
    The report button - not just for decoration

Music = math was how I learned my multiplication tables. My teacher had these recordings that she would play whenever we'd moved on to a different table, and each table had its own song. I *still* remember all of those dang songs up through the 7s. Vaguely remember the song for the 8s (I remember that it was fast), but the one for 9s escapes my memory. Which it makes a weird bit of sense that the 9s table trips me up even today.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Oh wow, that was beautiful. I just had to go and buy the song on Itunes once the video was over. It's so relaxing and peaceful.

firecat, for those recordings, did the 5s sound like a lullaby? If so, then I think my teacher used the same ones to teach my class multiplication. It was a really cool way to learn them and worked like a charm.
      I barely remember the tunes though, just that 5 was a lullaby that nearly put me to sleep a couple of times. lol

She also taught us a trick for the 9s: if the number can be divided by 9, then its digits will add up to 9 when totaled together. So 27, 54, 108, 1341, etc. I don't know if it'll help you, but I thought I'd mention it just in case it does.
      my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
      it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Copyright claim has removed it

Rapscallion

Comment

I YouTubed "pi music" and came across this..., AND a link to the website to make you own Pi song!

Link.
          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I found this one when I googled. Pretty neat video.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1948828
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Miss Maple Leaf View Post
              firecat, for those recordings, did the 5s sound like a lullaby? If so, then I think my teacher used the same ones to teach my class multiplication. It was a really cool way to learn them and worked like a charm.
              I barely remember the tunes though, just that 5 was a lullaby that nearly put me to sleep a couple of times. lol
              The 5s didn't, nope. The 7s did. I remember that because I hated that one. Soooooooboring. The 5s had a country music-ish track.
              "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Working...
              X