This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This just . . . GRRR

Reading a thread on racism reminded me of this. I dated a girl about 10 years ago that had issues in the race department (her whole family did) We went to a McDonald's for lunch and the guy at the window was an IDIOT, she had to repeat her order about 5 times for him to get it right, etc. When we pulled up we saw a very apathetic looking black kid working the drive through. When we pulled away she looked at me in disgust and said

her: "you know why we had such a problem right?"

me: "why?"

her: "cause he's barely removed from the trees"

I just looked at her and didn't say anything to her for over 30 min, I just couldn't believe she said that. Luckily I don't have to deal with her anymore, the girl I dated after that, and who is now my wife, is an absolute sweetheart.
    Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

I'm speechless.

If I'd been there, too, I would've smacked her upside her head.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

if i was in this situation i would have gotten out of the car and either taken the bus or a taxi home.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

No excuse for that kind of behaviour, just keep walking.
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Reminds me of the professional medical worker my roomie noticed. (Dunno if said worker was a doctor or a nurse)

Said worker looked to her co-worker from the Transport department, who was an expecting African-American woman, and asked her, "So when's the watermelon seed due?"

DJ Particle

Comment

her: "cause he's barely removed from the trees"
            Wow, that's just....wow.

Where did she keep her sheets and robe?
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth EmiOfBrie View Post
              Reminds me of the professional medical worker my roomie noticed. (Dunno if said worker was a doctor or a nurse)

Said worker looked to her co-worker from the Transport department, who was an expecting African-American woman, and asked her, "So when's the watermelon seed due?"

okay, for once, I am speechless.
              I usually have a retort for insults, but this one got me defeated.

I can only answer with a fist to the face at highspeed.
              Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

I have split up with an otherwise lovely partner because he revelaed he was racist. It's one of the main things I will not tolerate.

The other day I was serving a woman and herhusband picked up the brazils and asked her if she wanted any 'niggers toes'. I think she saw my disgusted expression,a s she giggled and told him 'don't say thaaaat!'.
                Giggled. As if it was an amusing, slightly inappropriate thing to say in company.
                Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Quoth EmiOfBrie View Post

Dont get it, could someone pm me as to why on this one?

Comment

Quoth Ghengis51 View Post
                    I dated a girl about 10 years ago that had issues in the race department (her whole family did)
                    Oh good grief. She must have been the sister of one of my frat brothers. He never missed an opportunity to say something like that.

He was a highly intelligent, fun, happy, wealthy, guy who seemed to be one of the nicest people you ever could hope to meet. But if he came into contact with anyone who was not of white, Anglo-Saxon ancestry, he immediately copped an attitude and talked down to the person. When the person left, the racist comments were made. He refused to deal with any non-white salesperson. His use of insulting vernacular was jaw dropping.

He almost had a coronary when the rest of us took three minorities into a pledge class. Luckily, those three had seen that he was the only one who was like that in the frat. He ended up resigning his membership when the three made it to active and his black ball was overruled.
                    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
                    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

her: "cause he's barely removed from the trees
                      You should have said, "Takes one to know one, bitch!"

What a hateful, uncivilized hag. God, it's hard to not wish ill will on her. Very, very hard.

Luckily I don't have to deal with her anymore, the girl I dated after that, and who is now my wife, is an absolute sweetheart.
                      Hopefully no one has to deal with her anymore. And congrats on the marrying your sweetheart!
                      "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                        Ditto, please? That little bit of bigoted asshattery is flying over my head there.
                        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                          I PMed crazylegs and JustADude.

Comment

wow another one

Heard a line last night that left me

Talking with one co-worker about another co-worker.

Me: "Brooke won't be here much longer anyway, her and Kelly are moving south next summer?"
                            CW: "Who's Kelly?"
                            Me: "Her fiance"
                            CW: "Oh that's his name"
                            Me: "Actually it's a she"
                            CW gets this look on her face and I'm just thinking don't you even go there, she did. . .
                            CW: "I KNEW IT, I could just tell. . . I find that disgusting. . . lesbo, carpet munchers."

I think she realized she said that to the wrong person when I just went dead silent and just stared at her. Then she started trying to justify herself

CW: "Don't get me wrong I'm not judgemental (bull shit she isn't) I just don't think it's natural. I just think it's unnatural and goes against procreation. God never intended for that and I think it's a sign of the end"

I pretty much stopped talking to her for the rest of the night, I was so incredibly mad.
                            Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

Comment

Had someone today carve a 6ftx6ftx8inch swastika into the local playing fields (used by sunday fooball teams), was a carefull job, straight lines, symetrical arms. I just don't get why you would do that, the intention to hurt someone that much, be they pole, jew, romany or russian, infact most groups can find that symbol offensive. really bugged me when I went into work today and that was the first job on the queue.

Comment

Working...
                              X