This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth PepperElf View Post
    It may be easy for a landlord to brush complaints under the rug... but it's much harder for them to ignore it when the police have to show up every night. Plus if your police have a public blotter it can give the landlord something he or she *really* doesn't want - public notice.
    Keep in mind, this is a condo complex. The only renters are renting from other condo owners. It's up to the HOA to do anything about it, and because we are owners, they have their hands tied even more than landlords do. It's damn near impossible to kick condo owners out unless they are doing something immensely wrong, like meth-lab wrong.
    Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
    Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
    Fiancee: What?!
    Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Quoth Scorpodael View Post
      I'm going to go out on a limb here and say... Drunk.
      Yep, she was trashed. Still steady on her feet though. But, she was trashed enough that there was no way she could help her husband get that door section off him.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I'll throw my oar in here and agree with several others: police.

She's causing a disturbance, and she may at any point become a dangerous drunk. She might already be one, you just haven't seen it yet.

She's a case for the 'sober up ward' that Panacea and I would love to see: a combined medical/policing ward supervised by both types of personnel; and with direct paths to alcoholism assistance for those who want it.

In the meantime: call the cops. They can either throw her in their drunk tank, or take her to the ER - whichever your local community uses. If she's drunk enough to be a possible alcohol poisoning case, she's safer in either location than at home anyway!
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
        X